Thursday 14 April 2011

38 days to go (how did that happen?!)

The realisation that time is ticking away quickly is becoming more and more real every day. Yesterday I had a freak out whilst I was packing my hospital bag and today realising that its 5.5 weeks or 38 days is another blow! I'm not ready!!!

I had my 34 week midwife appointment and everything is measuring fine and all results are perfect. The only slightly annoying news is that the baby has shifted from being head down to being head above my right hip. This completely explains the two rounded shapes I've seen protruding from my stomach (butt and head) and also why I'm getting double beats from legs and arms in my rib area. With any luck she'll move to where she's supposed to be before my next appointment in 2 weeks time. I also weighed in again this morning and I'm still 21 lbs up. Woo! I've not exactly been eating that great either, all this boredom has resulted in ALOT of baking. I've done lemon drizzle cakes and brownies so far. Hubby has a new smaller team at work (7people intead of the 17 people he used to manage) so I've been sending him in with half of everything I've baked to avoid me sitting at home and comfort eating it!

Exercise hasn't been a huge priority this week, I think due to the position the baby is in my hips are really struggling. If I sit down for too long or lie down too long it takes me about 10 minutes to be able to get up and move around without having to shuffle my feet. I walked to the train station earlier this week. It's 2.2 miles away from my house and it took me 60 minutes! 60 minutes!! I know I've slowed down and I am nearly 8 months pregnant, but 60 minutes?! Thats just crazy.

Last waist measurement was 37.5" so no great change there, but another little gain. I'm really not sure I can actually stretch any bigger, I already feel like I'm going to burst.

No comments:

Post a Comment