Monday 15 November 2010

13+2

So I'm 13+2 today. Apparently the baby is now the size of a medium shrimp. In my head a lime is bigger than a medium shrimp, but to be honest... I don't eat alot of shrimp!

I *think* the nausea is on its way out. I'm certainly managing it much better these days with regular food and knowing when my body has had enough and needs some rest.

I also think my energy levels are starting to increase! On Friday I went for the worlds shortest run and did a few squats/push ups when I got home and it felt good. It was really tough though. I've effectively had about 6-7 weeks of nothing but dog walking and just running up the hill to the pub and back was shattering. However, to put things into context its exactly half a mile up hill then half a mile back down hill to my house. I did it in 8 minutes flat. So for someone who's not done anything in forever an 8 minute mile is pretty darn good! When I got home I did 30 calf raises, 30 ballet squats, 30 regular squats and 30 push ups.

On Saturday we went to Bluewater to meet some friends so I did ALOT of walking around. It probably saved me from some of the muscle aches, but by the end of the day my legs were starting to feel a little stiff. Sunday was much the same with walking around more shops, but I think keeping active helped my aches and pains disappear quite quickly. I hope that I can do my short run + extras when I get home every day until it becomes easier again and then I'll start increasing things (perhaps up/down the hill twice, etc). The important thing for me is not controlling my weight, but to stop losing definition in my muscles. After nearly 2 months out of the game I'm flabby all over and it's not doing me the world of good mentally (I keep having crazy dreams about getting really fat!).

Last night I had a pretty terrible nights sleep. I was tossing and turning all night, I just couldn't get comfortable. I've definately got a bump at night and weirdly, this morning I still have a bump. I wonder if last night it was 'popping' for good. To people who don't know that I'm pregnant though I 100% just look like I've got a belly. But at least I know its a mini bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment