Tuesday 23 November 2010

14+3 : Back to Normality... sort of

I think I feel sort of human again. The nausea is pretty much manageable now and I think my energy levels are improving. I noticed it about a week ago, we walked the dogs to the park and I felt like running around. Me? Running? Surely not. It felt good to raise my heart beat!

I've made a pledge to myself to take baby steps back to my former self. Its started today with food & getting back to the gym.

Food for today is as follows:

* Cocopops & milk - breakfast #1
* 2 slices wholemeal toast - breakfast #2
* Banana - mid morning pre-gym snack
* Penguin biscuit bar - half pre-gym, half post-gym (yes, I actually got hungry in between my pre-gym snack and actually going to the gym)
* Ham Sandwich with side salad (well iceberg lettuce & cherry tomatoes) - lunch
* Carrot Sticks & Reduced Fat Houmous - mid-afternoon, pre-meeting snack
* dinner is still an unknown!

I'm quite pleased with that :) I'm off to Tesco tonight and I'm going to stock up on all the healthy foods I'm currently enjoying.

The gym went ok, I didn't push myself, my body wouldn't let me! I did 15 minutes on the cross trainer, followed by 30 body weight squats (30 regular & 30 ballet), 30 single legged butt raises (on each leg), then some hammer press w/ 3kg weights, shoulder press with 2kg weights and front/side raises at 1kg (30 of each). It only took me 31 minutes and I burnt a respectable 406 calories. The best bit is that I feel great for it! Lots of people at the gym asked where I had been, I explained that for the last 2 months I've been sleeping in my car at lunch :P

I'm not really looking forward to any possible muscle aches tomorrow, but I'm determined to get in at least one more gym session this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment