Wednesday 20 October 2010

10 weeks today

So I'm 10 weeks today, can't really believe it. Time has gone fast as well as slow. It's hard to describe. I'm just about over my cold now, I'm still feeling crappy in the evenings and first thing in the morning, but the bit of the day when I feel best is getting longer - hurrah! Continuing on with the fruit references from my last post, apparently the baby is the size of a kumquat. I'm not sure how big a kumquat is, but I guess its bigger than a grape!

Speaking of fruit, I'm back on it, not in a big way, but have had a banana each day this week along with some melon, strawberries, grapes and raspberries. Its a major step forward in re-introducing some regular foods to my diet. The nausea seems to come and go, I thought I'd seen the last of it, but it came back when I went back to work on Monday. I think baby must not like me going to work :P

The biggest change I've noticed over the last week (apart from my increasingly flumpy feeling middle section) is my appetite. I go from fine to starving in minutes. When hunger hits I become restless, irritable and cannot focus on anything but food. Yesterday I had to leave work early because I didn't have any change for the vending machine. I drove to M&S and got a sandwich, a packet of crisps and a wispa duo to half with Mr H. Mental! It did mean that when I got home I wasn't really in the mood for dinner, but did manage a spoonful of homemade curry and rice later on.

My somewhat limited diet and this urgent hunger issue is making food quite a challenge at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me. Today I tried having a big breakfast (after the glass of milk I had before leaving for work and the packet of crisps from my lunch I scoffed down whilst sitting in traffic and suffering a major hunger attack). It possibly seems to have worked. I had beans on toast at about 8.30am, then a banana, some chocolate, another packet of crisps (I know, I know!), then my sandwich (ham & mustard) and another nibble of chocolate. Its now 3.40pm and I'm doing ok in the hunger department. Time will tell but I fully expect to be starving by 4pm.

I'm still finding the tiredness to be an issue. I've been getting through this week by having a catnap in my car at lunch. I've got quite a good little set up, a nice cosy coat with a hood to keep the sound/light out and my scarf doubles as a blanket so people *hopefully* don't see me in there. I keep expecting to have one of the security guys tap on the window, I think I'd be quite embaressed! But needs must. Its certainly helping me stay more on the ball in the afternoons, and I think its helping with the nausea too.

Its now been about 3 (or more) weeks since I've done any proper exercise, but now that my cold is mostly shifted, I've had more of an urge to do something. I think I'm going to start the 30 day shred again, I figure I can do 20 minutes right?! Also hoping to get out for a run at the weekend. I'm sure my muscles are going to SCREAM at me when I re-start. But I need to do it, I've hated not having enough energy to exercise, has made me feel really crappy! I'm still ever hopeful that at 12 weeks I'll magically start feeling like me again, well apart from the flumpy middle section I was telling you about, I guess I'll just have to get used to that.

Whilst 12 weeks is on my mind, I got my scan date through a few days ago, 4th November 9.10am. Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment