Wednesday 13 October 2010

9 weeks today

Can you believe that? Crazy huh.

Thought I'd better stop by blogland just to let you know that I'm alive... well just about. I've had a cold for what seems like weeks. I thought I was getting better and then it got a whole lot worse. In all I've had 3 sick days in the past 3 weeks and 2 work from home days because of the same cold. I'm so done with being ill. The worst thing about pregnancy is you cannot take relief in any form of good medication. Paracetamol or nothing. As a result, I've taken nothing.

In better news, non-cold related, for the last few days I've not felt so bad nausea wise. I've been suffering terribly with it and its really effected what I've been eating.

A typical days consumption has been something like the following...

Breakfast: Coco Pops with Semi Skimmed Milk (non-measured portion)

Mid Morning: Bag of Ready Salted Crisps

Lunch: Ham & Tomato Sandwich or Tuna & Cucumber (this is basically the only fresh stuff I've got into my diet)

Mid Afternoon: Bag of Ready Salted Crisps

Dinner: Stodge (pasta, rice, baked beans, cheese, tomato sauces, chips, bread, etc).

All washed down with Orange squash.

I've basically been unable to stomach the thought of fruit/veg (apart from Tomato and Cucumber in Sandwiches) and also plain water. Theres been days where I've not even been able to stand in the kitchen without the thought of the contents of the fridge turning my stomach. I've been running out of supermarkets after ditching a basket full of items on the floor and I've had to leave the office at lunchtime due to the smell of other peoples lunches.

It has not been fun. But like I said, things have been better for the last few days. I'm still not 100% on form, but I'm at least managing to drink plain water and the thought of fruit/veg is gradually getting more appealing.

I had my booking appointment with the midwife last week, which was basically just an epic form filling session where I was asked various questions about family medical histories and my own. It still doesn't feel real though. Apparently the baby is the size of a grape now, which is still pretty tiny!

Clearly that grape is not actual size.

So yeah, thats all I've got to say right now. I've not exercised in nearly 3 weeks because of the cold/nausea and I'm itching to get out for a run. I'm really missing it, but I know my body needs to heal first.

2 comments:

  1. Arrrhhh hello grape baby! Welcome to the world :p

    I've heard quite a few ppl say they go off F&V, god knows what i'll be able to eat then if and when we fall.

    Baby sounds very healthy with all this nausea. Not much comfort for you though with the sickness! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I can't believe your 9 weeks already. It will soon be your 12 week scan.

    With Lewis I couldn't eat any fresh fruit, veg or meat! I basically lived off toast, battered sausages (strange craving) and veggie burgers for the first 24 weeks where my sickness was so bad. After my sickness I then started to eat fish which I never eat but obviously my body wanted it. Then for the last 8 weeks I lived off pancakes! No wonder I put on 4 stone.

    ReplyDelete