Tuesday 3 July 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

I can't believe it's Tuesday, where have the last 4/5 days gone.

Who knows?!

Today is day 20, and I can pretty much write off at least 3 days of eats (and drinks) but you only turn 29 once right? Well actually I might be 29 again next year ;)

Today has been a better food day, and will hopefully get some exercise in too.

Breakfast: Choco porridge & Berocca

Lunch: giraffe brunch, shared with Martha minus the toast & a chocolate milkshake.

Snack: alpen bar

Dinner: Moroccan lamb with courgette, pepper, tomato, sultanas & a salad of rocket cucumber & avocado.

Snack: protein shake.

Water: 1.5 litres

Fruit & veg: 4/5

Exercise: 50 minutes of full body weights (230 Cals)

3 comments:

  1. Nic do you have a recipe for that morrocan lamb or do you just make it up? Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sort of a recipe?! Like all my cooking its a bit different every time. But essentially its whatever type of lamb you fancy, I tend to use mince when Martha is eating with us or lamb steaks (diced or not) if its just the grown ups.

    For the sauce, I fry an onion/some peppers/some diced courgette until soft, (if I was doing mince or lamb chunks I'd add them now to brown them off), then add chopped tomatoes, squeeze of tomato puree, then either some harissa paste or Sainsbos do a moroccan tagine paste (both to taste rather than following the instructions on the jars), then I'd usually add either sultanas/raisins/apricots, and a spoonful of mango chutney to really bring out the fruitiness.

    I've done it in the slow cooker with lamb steaks and it works well.

    Usually served with cous cous, pitta & houmous or just huge salad.

    Having eaten authentic moroccan food, its pretty accurate I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM I'm so making that next week.

    ReplyDelete