Wednesday 15 September 2010

First cold of the Season

And it's hit me really hard. It started Monday morning, but lunchtime I'd gone through all the tissues I had and Mr H came delivered me to Tesco to get more. By the time I went home at 5pm even my boss said she'd never seen me look so awful - thanks!

I spent the rest of the evening curled up on the sofa directing the husband in how to make dinner :)

Tuesday morning arrived and because I'd gone to bed with swollen eyes (as a result of them watering so much and all the sneezing) they were swollen even more!! I could barely open them. Today was a day to sit at home and feel sorry for myself - so thats exactly what I did. As it turned out, Mr H has got something sinusy anyway so he took the day off too. It's never good both of you feeling poorly as neither of us really felt like looking after the other - still the dogs made good warming devices and much of the day was spent of the sofa.

Today I'm feeling a bit better, but still quite sniffly and sneezy. I've also got a strangely sore tongue. I don't remember burning it on anything, so I wonder if I bit it during the night or something - or perhaps its just a side effect of feeling run down. Whatever it is, it hurts to talk!!

As a result of feeling coldy, I've basically eaten everything in sight. I was really unprepared for this cold and usually like to have a few freezer based meals that I can just chuck in the oven when I feel crappy - as the last thing I want to do is cook!

Still, I'm feeling a bit better today and have already got tonights dinner out of the freezer. Minute steaks which I'm planning to serve with some grilled courgette, peppers, mushrooms & onion. I think lunch will probably be some Red Pepper & Chorizo soup. I bought the Chorizo ages ago and have just not had the time to make the soup yet!

In some random news, I think I've got an addict living in the house. The addict goes by the name of Dolly. Her addiction is Cobnuts! It's getting out of hand, she's cranky, she's obsessively barking at the back door to be let out to eat more nuts, she hides in the corner of the garden consuming them thinking I don't know what she is doing, when she knows I'm coming outside to get her she fills up her mouth and legs it inside thus creating a few more seconds to try and consume more before I get hold of them - ITS ACTUALLY INSANE!

What I do find interesting though is the similarities between the canine world (well Dolly at least) and the shame of eating something say like chocolate in the human world - which I've been known to eat in another room so no one knows what I'm doing. It's both obsessional and compulsive. Scary stuff really.

This is the face of an angry young pug, looking at me, thinking 'Give me my nuts Bitch!'


Having now realised that I'm strong at resisting angry face, she's got for straight tail sulking on the sofa.

On closer inspection, she's ready to offer up cuteness in the hope that I've forgotten about her cobnut habit and will let her back outside to her stash, but as a seasoned pug owner I can resist even these charms.


At least whilst she's in this sort of giving mood, I can make the most of her keeping me warm, even if I do know that she doesn't really mean it as its the cobnuts talking :P

Oh and as a side note, to those of you who have shabbyblog.com backgrounds on your blogs, please don't think I'm being rude by not ever commenting on your posts - I just can't access them at all, my computer gets as far as loading up the background then gives me an error message and then kicks me off. Boo!

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady - yeah I've just realised i'm going to have to change the background on mine :( I can't see it either on my work computer, and have only just realised ha ha. Will get that changed now.

    RE: Doggies. So funny when they come over all possessed and cram loads of food in. We came home yesterday to find sheba had chomped her way through an entire bag of pears!! There were roughly 10 pairs in the bag, and we only found 2 stalks on the floor. The rest have dissapeared. LOL. Zeus gets possessive over loads of other things. He's been known to stuff 3 tennis balls into his mouth when we go in the garden to get him inside.

    Sorry to hear you're all ill in the H household. :( Look after yourself and put your feet up. Baby will be draining all your energy too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh hahahaha thats hilarious about Dolly and her Cobnut addiction! how cute!

    i hope you feel better soon! x

    ReplyDelete