Friday 3 September 2010

Hooray for Friday

I'm so glad it's Friday. Even though this week has only been 4 days long, they've felt like a very long 4 days.

Last night we did indeed have Eggs Benedict. Waitrose have just launched a big push on their Duchy range which meant that the wholemeal muffins I was planning to get were out of stock. Stupid offers. So I ended up with White Muffins and I also picked up a Schwartz packet of dry Hollandaise sauce, its only 95 calories for the whole pack, so I didn't think it was that bad.

Once home I set to cooking, got the sauce on the go, poached 4 eggs in boiling water (with a little vinegar), toasted the muffins, cut up some of the nice ham I got at the Farm shop earlier in the week and wilted the spinach. Then I stacked up the sliced muffin and devoured.

It was such a quick easy dinner and was also nice and light. This was especially good as we planned to swim later in the evening.

After dinner we loaded the pugs into the car and went to the local woods for a walk. I had an alterior motive of wanting to pick blackberries. Mr H thought that me wanting to pick berries was hilarious, but once we were there I think he enjoyed it more than me. Being over 6ft with long arms he was able to reach all the high up berries and the ones further off the pathway.

Here are a few pics, first the dogs running down the path

Being typical pugs, I did have them both looking at me standing right in the centre of the path, then as soon as I snapped the camera they had dispersed!

I've noticed that there are some crazy big slugs about at the moment, I don't really know where they go during Summer, but these past 2 weeks I've seen loads!

And finally a pick of our haul. I've stored them temporarily in an old blueberry punnet, will probably freeze them tonight. We collected about 200g. Not too bad for 30 minutes work.

About 9pm we set of to the local swimming pool for 30 minutes. I managed 41 lengths this time, so an improvement on the 38 previously. It was really good. When I got out of the pool my body felt really strange almost like I was still floating and my legs were a bit jellified.

This morning I feel ok, got a little bit of tension in my calves (probably from my gym session yesterday). Will just need to keep mobile during the day to ensure the dreaded DOMS don't set in!

I've got meetings most of the day, so don't plan on hitting the gym. Will try and get out on a run this evening though, a short 3 miler.

Food for today looks like this...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Choconut Porridge Combo, Berocca

Mid Morning: Nakd Bar & Chai Tea with Agave

Lunch: Courgette, Watercress and Spinach Soup with 1.5 slices of Amaranth & Quinoa Rye Bread (last bit)

Mid Afternoon: Strawberry & Grape Medley

Dinner: Something with Halloumi.

Anyone have any good Halloumi recipes?

Other than my run this evening, I'm quite looking forward to just chilling and watching some TV with the pugs curled up on the sofa. Mr H is at band practice and won't be back til about 1am.

Tomorrow we have the village fete and we'll be getting our Hoopla on. I'm so going to have a slice of WI Cake.

Sunday I'm off to Bristol to meet up with some ladies from a forum (some of whom also blog) to support them in the Half Marathon, and will possibly participate in some more cake eating.

I just hope the sun keeps shining!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new logo - is that your artistic streak coming out?? I love grilled halloumi with roast veggie salad. I find mayonaise based dressings go well with halloumi - I've also been partial to a halloumi and portabello mushroom burger in the past too. Which is literally grilled halooumi, grilled mushroom, slatherin gof mayo and a toasted bun with salad. Sweet potato chippies with bbq sauce on the side.... homma homma. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmn, they both sounds yummy! Will experiment this evening and report back.

    As for the new banner, it was a combination of artistic streak and major boredom yesterday. I had a data filled day and need light breaks in Paint to get my eyes back to normal. Spreadsheets are evil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new banner honey, I think i might have to create one for you from your pics :o) Say hi to all the ladies in Bristol, wish i was going with you!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete