Thursday 2 September 2010

Green Goblin Goo

For some reason I cannot seem to add the picture of dinner to the post I made yesterday. I'm beyond caring about it being in the right place, so here is it - Courgette, Watercress & Spinach Soup with a Crusty Roll.


The soup was pretty good actually, I think made even better by the fact that it contained 1 free onion and 2 free courgettes!

Courgette, Watercress & Spinach Soup
1 Onion (I used a giant red onion)
3 Courgettes
4 Handfuls of Watercress
4 Handfuls of Spinach
Vegetable Stock (I used about 1.5 pints)

1. Chop up the onion and courgette and brown in a saucepan in a spritz of oil.
2. Add the Watercress and Spinach and allow to wilt a little
3. Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes before blitzing!

Even Mr H liked this. I could tell by the way he looked at the Green Goblin Goo that he wasn't too impressed, but after he tried it he was won over.

I didn't blog about it yesterday, but after my first haul of goodies from the farm shop... I ALSO went to Waitrose and got a few bits... * 2 crusty rolls for dinner (were nice, but actually far too crusty for my liking - I'm lucky to have survived with my teeth intact!)
* Bar of 70% cocoa chocolate for baking
* Bag of Organic Jumbo Oats - only £1 BARGAIN!
* Box of Grape Nuts (as I keep seeing people mention them and thought it was time to give them a go)
* Jar of Chilli & Tomato Chutney (it's yummy)

I really had such a swell day yesterday. I had a mini lie in, sucessful dr's appointment, great shop at the farm shop, a nice chat with my next door neighbour and a random old lady out on the main road whilst I was checking our water meter, a fab physio appointment (they don't want to see me for 4 weeks this time), another great haul in Waitrose (and another nice chat with another old lady!), dog walks, exercise & homemade soup... and I even got some work done too (after all I was working from home).

Today is unlikely to be as good, but even so the agenda is looking pretty awesome. I have some good meals lined up, a gym session, a dog walk in the woods so I can get berries & a late night swim.

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Choconut Porridge Combo (with a new type of flaxseed that I think I prefer to the last variety I used)

Mid Morning: Last of the Chocolate/Banana/Oat Muffins and a Chai Tea

Lunch: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake (post gym), 1.5 slices Amaranth & Quinoa Rye Bread, Fiery Chilli Houmous, Cheese, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Tomato, Ham (build your own sandwich)

Mid Afternoon: Grapes, Blueberry & Strawberry Medley (possibly with a banana)

Dinner: Eggs Benedict (minus the Hollandaise) - I'm so excited about this!

3 comments:

  1. We have grape nuts in the G household and mix them in with greek yog and berries, yum. It is a bit like a healthy cheesecake all mixed together ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great couple of days!

    are you having a late night swim in the woods?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmn yummy, like the sound of cheesecake style grape nuts. Might try that for breakfast tomorrow morning.

    neen - oopsie for bad english, we went for a walk in the woods, then went to the local pool for a swim. The closest I could get to a swim in the woods is in a giant puddle!

    ReplyDelete