Thursday 6 May 2010

Operation 'don't look like a skank' in the holiday gym has been completed

Yesterday Mr H confirmed that we can use the gym at the resort for free, so we're both packing our gym stuff. In an attempt to not look out of place in a hotel we could never really afford on our own, I've just bought two Nike tops in Sports Direct to go with the Capri's I run in.

I've just been having a mooch on the website to see what sort of facilities are available and it looks quite good. Theres also a restaurant nearby that serves Vegetarian food and an "array of crystal-enriched waters".... whatever they may be. Sounds like it will be worth a visit :)

I really want to eat well whilst I'm over in Dubai and of course the temptation when your on a holiday is to indulge a little. I'm not really planning on drinking much (if at all) whilst I'm out there as I'm worried I'll get drunk, do something stupid like kiss Mr H and end up in prison for it! Whilst I'm sure it's not as bad as I think it is out there, I've read some pretty disturbing stories lately.

We get breakfast included in our room rate, which I gather is some sort of breakfast buffet serving foods from all over the world. I'm sure because of the heat I won't be tucking into mountains of food, but I want to make sensible choices on the meals I can control more easily. Especially on the first 4 days before we start doing 'company' dinners where the menu is fixed. In previous years the food has been quite generic with a buffet on the first day, BBQ on the second day, Steak and Lobster at the final dinner - but this is the first year that EMEA is going it alone and organising their own do, so maybe things will change a bit. Having said that, I know there is cocktails & food on the beach on the first night, BBQ on the Dune Safari on the second day and dinner at the Burj Al Arab on the last night. So chances are they still think that the buffet/bbq/surf & turf is a good format to go for. I think if I pick sensibly for breakfast and eat carefully at lunch (which might be a mission!) I'll probably relax a bit more with my evening meals.

You know what? I think I'm actually starting to get a little bit excited about it. I might even clear out my suitcase later with a view to starting to put things inside :D

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh be careful with the kissing thing - and holding hands! I just couldn't drink if I went. Me + wine/beer/cider = drunken slobery ho bag! I would be imprisoned forever I think!! Hotel looks AMAZING! You lucky thing. x

    ReplyDelete