Wednesday 5 May 2010

Getting over it

Sometime ago I injured myself at the gym, my shoulder sort of semi-popped out of its socket. Having just looked back in my blog, I can't believe it's nearly been 7 weeks since it happened. It really knocked my confidence with heavier weights and as a result most of my arm weights dropped back to 4kg. For the past few weeks I've been using the 5kg weights again for everything but my shoulder press. Generally my shoulder is recovering nicely, I can now just about lie on my arm (you know when you use your bent up arm for a makeshift pillow) without a searing pain in the joint, it moves much more freely and further down my arm my wrist has recovered (as I think that took the strain from the weight when my shoulder popped).
I know I've lost alot of strength in my shoulder area since the incident so I've been slowly building the weight back up and I'll be hitting the 5kg weights today on my shoulders. I'm going to sling the 5kg discs onto a bar, so hopefully it will enable my left arm to help out if my right shoulder has any difficulty at any point. I'm totally bricking it, but I have to get over this fear. I was easily lifting the 5kg before and I will do it again.

Yesterday was a good day. I ate well, exercised, slept well and felt great for it all.

Reviewing my goals...
1. Drink 2 litres of water a day check - I drank a litre during the day and a litre whilst I was cooking dinner
2. 5 Fruit & Veg a day check - banana, grapes, strawberries, brocolli, carrots, lettuce, sweet potato
3. Exercise 5 times check 2/5 completed
4. Get out on my bike pending
5. Continue with extra exercises check
6. Do not drink on Saturday night pending

Today looks set to be another good day, hopefully the weather will stay nice until the evening and we can finally get my bike out of the shed, pump up the tyres and set out for a short ride.

Food wise...
Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Same as yesterday, boiled egg, ham, lettuce, carrot sticks & tsp of Red Pepper & Jalepeno Houmous. Babybel Light & 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Dinner: Red Onion, Mushroom & Ham, 2 egg omelette with cheese on top.

Pud: Melon & Strawberries

Snack: Roasted Duck & a slice of wholemeal bread with Almond Butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment