Wednesday 5 May 2010

Review of Pledges

When I started this blog, I wrote a list of pledges. Its been a while since I looked at them, so thought I'd do a review...

As of 24th March this what what I wanted to acheive...

1. I will exercise 5 times a week, every week unless I am ill/injured.
I have been doing pretty well on this, infact I'd go as far to say that I have managed 5 sessions a week apart from one week where I was ill at the beginning of April.

2. I will maintain my weight between 9st 6lbs and 9st 10lbs, hopefully replacing some of the wobble with heavier more streamlined muscle.
My weight has dropped below this now, I'm not overly concerned by this though. I think as my body fat/lean body mass continues to shift around these figures will continue to change.

3. In the short term, I want to lose 1-2" off my thighs/hips.
Check! I've lost 1.5" off my hips and 0.5" off my thighs. Totalling 2" overall. Still want to reduce this further.

4. I want to define my abs, butt, thighs and arms.
Getting there, needs more work.

5. I want to look hot in my JW shorts.
Need to try them on and see if I look any better in them.

6. I want to minimise muffin top.
Minimised! But could still be a little bit less squishy.

7. In Body Pump, I want to be using the Orange weights (10kg bar overall).
The gym man got fired and Body Pump sucks now. I'm using heavier weights in the gym though, so I know I'm working hard enough even though I'm not in a class.

8. I will make the most of the long light evenings in the summer and run more than 10 miles a week.
Generally this is going ok, I'm loving the longer evenings.

9. I will conquer the Monkey Bars at the recreation park.
Since I injured my shoulder, I've not tackled the Monkey Bars at all. They will not defeat me!

10. I will be able to do 10+ proper Man Push ups.
I can do many half hearted man push up but I need to get my face closer to the floor and accept that I can only do a few I think!

11. To cut down to once a month weigh ins.
Check, happy to continue with this too.

Time to update my Pledges I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment