Thursday 27 May 2010

Tonight I'm gonna party like its 1999

I haven't really given the blog much time since getting back from Dubai. Everything has been a bit hectic. Today is my first proper day back in the office and it's time to get back on track.

I thought I would start with a little bit of nostalgia. I'd like to take you all back 11 years to 1999, back to when I was 16 years old. It was the the dawn before the millenium, which I celebrated by attending a friends parents wedding reception in a swanky hotel. I remember feeling great that evening, my parents had bought me a really grown up outfit that I felt a million dollars in. It was a turqoise strapless top with a black below knee tight pencil skirt. Unfortunately, I got rather drunk that night and ended up falling over in some country lane the next day on the way back to civilisation and ripped the skirt! However, for whatever reason I still have the entire outfit hanging in my wardrobe. Its followed me around for the past 11 years, through college, university, 5 years of employment, countless houses, different towns, through different relationships - all the time, unworn since NYE 1999-2000.

Last night I thought to myself, I wonder if I'll fit back into that yet? So I tried. And guess what? It fits.

I remember being so confident in the way I looked when I was 16, I guess partly because I looked older than I was so I could get into bars/clubs, could buy booze at off licenses, I never worried about what I looked like and I could wear anything. It's such an extreme opposite to how I feel these days, but I guess I have mistreated my body a little bit and I'm still working to rectify that. If anything, getting into this outfit has really given me a boost, something to be proud of. For comparison purposes, I'm going to try and find a picture of me wearing this outfit back in 1999 and get a better quality pic taken of me in the outfit in 2010. I think it should be quite interesting to directly compare the two.

Moving on to today's plan, seeing as I've missed my weekly goal setting day of Monday my goal this week is just to get back on track!

Food for today:

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning: Babybel.

Lunch: Salad with Ham, Cous Cous, Raisins and Pine Nuts, Babybel & 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon: Half a Galia Melon.

Dinner: Turkey Steak with Salad (Lettuce, Peppers, Tomatoes, Red Onion)

I will drink 2 litres of water today and I will be at the gym for at least an hour at lunchtime.

1 comment:

  1. wow im just catching up on the blogs from the last few days and saw this, great outfit, and absolutely wonderful that you fit in it! defo try find some 1999 pics would great to see comparison! x

    ReplyDelete