Thursday 6 May 2010

Slowly shutting down

It's official. My body is starting to wind down ahead of my holiday next week. Its not just the holiday I guess, I'm sure getting my body clock out of sync over the Bank Holiday weekend is also to blame. I always get like this, even at 'Summer Holiday' and 'Easter Holiday' time, its been 5 years since I got time off with education and I still 'shut down' in time for it. It's no good.

As a result, I'm trying to use food as a pick me up. Last night was a prime example. I got home and I had an omelette (pictured with the pugs awaiting any opportunity to jump up and snatch it from my plate). I then went out to get Mr H some dinner, as he doesn't approve of my omelettes. I ended up buying Duck, so when it was cooked, I had some of that. Still un-content with my stomach contents I blew it by having a slice of bread with almond butter. It totally pushed me to being uncomfortably full. I went to bed feeling uncomfortable in my skin.

We're going food shopping tonight, so at least that should help curb eating for the sake of eating because I'm not really planning dinners too well at the moment. We don't need an awful lot of food as we've got a few bits and pieces in the freezer. We just need to pick up some fruit/veggies to be able to make whole meals.

On the list I have:
* Lettuce
* Peppers
* Tomatoes
* Cucumber
* Red Onions
* Spinach
* Stir Fry Veg Pack
* Strawberries
* Apples
* Grapes
* Carrots
* Asparagus
* Skimmed Milk
* Cous Cous
* Wholemeal Pitta

So not exactly the most extensive of lists! But it will give us more options when it comes to meal times.

Reviewing yesterday against my weekly goals:
1. Drink 2 litres of water a day check
2. 5 Fruit & Veg a day check - apple, grapes, strawberries, onion, mushroom, lettuce
3. Exercise 5 times check 3/5 completed with a gym session burning 400 calories.
4. Get out on my bike pending
5. Continue with extra exercises check
6. Do not drink on Saturday night pending

Food wise today is as follows:

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca. (Mr H made my porridge up yesterday, he put in 2 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder and 1 tsp Sweetener which totally explains why it took me nearly an hour to eat, it was rough!).

Mid Morning: Strawberries & Grapes

Lunch: Wholemeal Ham Sandwich with a side salad of Rocket & a Babybel Light

Mid Afternoon: Banana

Dinner: Prawn & Avocado Salad (I remembered to get the prawns out this morning, yay!)

I'm not going to the gym today as I wanted to get into town. However, I might try and get out for a run tonight. But given that we've got a Tesco shop to do, it might be difficult. I'm sure I could fit in a 3 miler though.

I mentioned before about my black toenail, I've been monitoring it and I think I'm tucking it under when I run. No real idea why, I do it in my regular shoes too, I think its just one of those bizarre habits that I need to kick. The good news is that is isn't hurting after I'm running, so I don't think I'm making it any worse now I've identified the problem. It's so ugly though, no french polish for me next week on my holiday - I think I'll have to paint them all black.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh nice shoes Nic. I have leopard print flats on today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D They are from M&S - who'd have thought they'd do super cute shoes?!

    ReplyDelete