Friday 19 March 2010

TGI Friday

I'm so glad its Friday. I'm looking forward to a lie in tomorrow, I need one really badly! Will be the first weekend I've had at home with Mr H for a really long time, so should be nice to not have to worry about doing lots of things.

On todays menu...

Breakfast: 300ml Protein Shake with Skimmed Milk, 30g Porridge Oats with 150ml Skimmed Milk, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning Snack: 2 grapes, yes just two. I had a bad case of the grumblies and had a meeting with an external client (which incidently turned into wedding chatter - yay!) but I didn't want my stomach making more noise than me during that. The grapes seemed to plug the hole.

Lunch: Pepper & Chorizo Soup with 1 slice of Wholemeal Bread with Low Fat Marg & Protein Shake (Mr H got me my very own blender bottle, so I can now have my shake after the gym when I'm supposed to)

Mid-Afternoon Snack: Apple & Grapes

Dinner: Turkey Steak with Jewelled Moroccan Cous Cous (Moroccan Cous Cous, Roasted Red Chilli, Sundried Tomatoes, Raisins), Griddled Courgette and Mushrooms with Salad.

The gym was not very successful today. I did 10 minutes on the bike, increasing the resistance a level every minute, followed by 5 minutes on the treadmill @ 10kmph. I wasn't really feeling the treadmill love, I think because I've got my 5 miler planned for Sunday. I then moved onto weights.

4 x 10 @ 145lbs x 3, 155lbs
4 x 5 @ 10kg each hand lunges (10 on each leg)
4x10 @ 5kg each hand hammer press
3x10 @ 5kg each hand shoulder press - this was where things went wrong.

During my 4th set of my shoulder press, I took my mind off the game and something horrible happened to my shoulder. I've seriously never seen my shoulder/arm bend in this way before I felt it pop, dropped the weight (thank goodness it was quiet in the gym today) and as I lowered my arm it popped back into place. I nearly puked I was that grossed out by it (and that in itself would have been ming as someone else had already puked in the bin today!). Much like when I have to have major stuff done at the dentist and I pass out, I had to stay sat down for about 5 minutes with my head between my legs to stop myself passing out/being sick. Was seriously horrible.

Needless to say I didn't do anything else apart from some abs work for about 5 minutes.

It doesn't seem to be hurting, but I'll be resting it for the next few days and see how I go next week. I think I might return to the barbell where possible as I think at least if I get myself in that position again, at least I can get the other hand to help me out!

We went to see Shutter Island at the cinema on Friday night, film was ok, a little predictable though. I also had a diet coke and a small box of organic milk chocolate buttons (best bit about going to the cinema is proper glasses and exciting snacks!).

No comments:

Post a Comment