Monday 21 June 2010

Catch up

Today is the 6th day this month that I have been in the office. How mad is that! This week I'm in all 5 days, its going to be difficult I'm sure.

I've been on leave since Thursday last week. Unfortunately my iphone died this morning so I'll have to add pictures later this week. I attended Ascot Ladies Day on Thursday with my SIL and one of her friends. We had a fab time! I left the house about 9.15am and we got dropped off outside the main gates of Ascot Racecourse at 10.25am, just in time to walk straight through them as they opened at 10.30, talk about perfect timing. We mooched around, checking out the food stalls for later, comparing prices and drinks at the bars and went and looked at the racecourse. At about 10.45, we got a table and some seats in front of the bandstand and started on the Pimms. I think it was just about the best thing to drink, it was £23 for a pitcher and that lasted a fair while. The cheapest bottle of champers we could find was £33 (most expensive I saw was around £120 I think!). I was approached by various people asking for photos, was the first time anyones asked to take a picture of me and my tattoos - was a little weird, but I obliged :) I was also photographed by a 'high street retailer' which I can only assume was M&S as that is where my hat was from. We sat by the bandstand for most of the morning, only leaving when it was time for the Queen to arrive. We walked over towards the Royal Enclosure and when she came through on her carriage, she was literally a few metres away. I got a cracking photo of her. There were various other members of the Royal family there, but I couldn't tell you who they were, I'm going to need to get Mr H's Mum to identify them in my pics. We also 'papped' Bruce Forseyth, who considering he's 82 was in remarkably good shape. We did a tiny bit of betting - but I won nothing! We left at about 4.30pm and got home for a glass or two of champers in my SIL's garden then Mr H picked me up and we went home. The worst bit about drinking in the day was that I started to feel rough before I even went to bed, ergh.

Most of the rest of the weekend (Friday through to Sunday) was taken up with Life Laundry. Mr H is away in Grand Cayman taking part in a Zombie Film, so I figured it was a good time to start going through things. We've been living in our house for a few days over 3 years now and there are still boxes of things that we've not unpacked. Clearly the 3-6 month rule has not been adhered too. I started in the spare room, clearing off a chair we use as a dumping point for all our washed clothes. It was like taking a core sample of ice, except I was taking a core sample of fashion. Right at the bottom lurked a few size 14's. I almost felt a little embarassed that we clearly leave our washing out that long!! I cleared it all off, hung up the bits that I wanted to keep and filled up two bin bags of old clothes that were too big, or just weren't really suitable for my new body. It felt good. Of course as I went through I tried on alot of things, it was quite a wake up call to see how big some things are now. I kept a few of the nicer size 12 things because I'm hoping to get a sewing machine for my birthday and will alter them down to fit. I also sorted our wardrobe (again clearing out things I've not worn in ages) and emptied a cupboard that was full of wedding leftovers. I hope to get to a carboot sale in the next few weeks to try and sell some stuff. I reckon if I could sell everything for a £1 I'd make a small fortune.

I did make it out of the house a few times! On Saturday I went to a Charity Tea Party at my SIL's house. No joke, I ate food from 4pm when I arrived until 6pm when I left. Cakes, sandwiches, crisps, strawberries - it was divine! Needless to say though I had major carb crash in the car on the way home and I didn't need to eat anything else that day.

On Sunday I went over to my Dads house to have dinner. I decided to take the slightly longer back route way because there is a hump back bridge I take great delight in driving over. Also, this time of the year its a lovely drive, lots of open fields, woodland, etc. It really is beautiful. I was about 20 minutes away from my Dads house on a 60mph road and there was something black running around in the road ahead. A car came speeding around the corner towards me and slammed their brakes on and flashed their lights to warn me. I slowed down and it was a dog!!! Of course being a dog owner, I stuck my hazards on and got out of the car. On reflection, getting out of my car on this stretch of road was potential suicide, but I couldn't leave this dog to get liquidised by oncoming traffic. I called him over and he came straight up to me and leapt in the back of my car. I don't know that well but had never really noticed any houses before. I drove to a pub nearby and went in to ask behind the bar if they knew anyone with a black dog. The queue for the bar was awful, so I gave up and just got back in my car and turned back on myself. After driving around for about 5 minutes I found a little side road near where I'd picked the dog up. There was a house not far along that with a group of people standing outside. Once again, I pulled up, stuck my hazards on and took the dog to the gate. I yelled down the driveway and the dog took off, through the gate and back to his owner. They thanked me for bringing him home, but they didn't seem overly bothered that he nearly got hit by a car. I got back in my car and continued on, somehow managing to arrive only 5 minutes late for dinner. We had a roast, followed by strawberries and cream. Yummy! By the time I got home in the evening there was just enough time to make lunch for work and have a quick snuggle on the sofa with the pugs.

That brings me to today! Food for today is pretty standard:

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats (trying a different variety at the moment - note to self... they take longer to cook!), 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk.

Mid Morning: Homemade Banana & Chocolate Oat Muffin

Lunch: Cous Cous, Spinach, Rainbow Tomatoes, Camembert (from my Mum's trip to France last week), 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon: Grapes

Dinner: Omelette followed by a bowl of fresh peaches.

I've got to do a Tesco shop this evening as we're pretty low on everything. Means I can make Mr H a nice dinner tomorrow evening to welcome him home. I gather he's been living off chicken burgers and pizzas because the local food is a bit too adventurous for him.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't read and run wothout saying my faveorite quote from you so far has to be: "Mr H is away in Grand Cayman taking part in a Zombie Film,"

    HA HA - How immense!! That's what every little boy dreams of doing when they grow up!!

    Your weekend sounds great. I love going through old clothes which are too big and trying them on again. :) Mucho satisfaction eh?! I saw your photos of cake on facebook and wondered what you were up to on Saturday night!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of his Zombification. I'll have to get the pic of him all zombied up to post on here. It should be out in time for Halloween, so we're planning a red carpet event at our house :D

    ReplyDelete