Wednesday 23 June 2010

Electrify the Night

Mr H got home yesterday, woo! He was bearing a variety of random gifts, fridge magnets from the Cayman Islands and Miami (to add to our fridge of many destinations) and an iron-on patch and a sticker of 'Sir Turtle'. Yes thats right, he appears to be a peg-legged swashbuckling turtle. How awesome is that for a national mascot!

Mr H also came home with 3 bags of my most favourite crisps in the world. Cheetos. I don't care how unhealthy they are and the fact that the smallest bag contains 2.5 servings. I ate a whole bag and I enjoyed every mouthful. I guess seeing as I only get to eat them once or twice a year I'm allowed to savour the overpowering cheesiness.

I had a quick look through the photos that he took whilst he was out there, it looked awesome. They had fabulous weather and spent the time when they weren't filming sitting in the sea on chairs drinking beer - sounds pretty perfect to me. He managed to wash most of the fake blood off his clothes but I did notice that his black trainers are still covered in it! He had a great photo of a cymbal splattered with 'blood' wedged into the sand. I gather it was used to decapitate a zombie or something. Nice huh.

Anyway, moving onto today...

Breakfast: 30g Jumbo Oats, 200ml Skimmed Milk, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Romaine Lettuce, green pepper, cucumber, 3 slices of Camembert (this is the last of it!), and shop bought reduced fat Houmous with added homemade sundried tomato & red chilli paste added to it (this worked out really well, whilst I do like it more roughly chopped for tapenade, liquidising it gives me a whole new range of options of what to use it for) & half a honeydew melon

Mid Afternoon: Grapes and Strawberries.

Dinner: Tuna Steak Stirfry

Today is a rest day from exercise, I've really blitzed the last two days at the gym and my legs are feeling a little tender. I also need to get to town during lunch to get more Protein Powder as I used the last up yesterday and I need to start picking up ingredients for my birthday party cakes/desserts. I'm planning on making a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, a key lime pie, a chocolate biscuit layer cake and some raspberry fluffy jelly. Hoping to start making them on Friday so they have time for the flavours to develop in time for Saturday night.

We're also off to a gig tonight which starts at 7.30, so I won't have time to freshen up after work (hence why not getting hot/sweaty at the gym is a good idea!). We're seeing The Bronx in their Mariachi alter ego format, I'm soooo excited. I ♥ The Bronx and I ♥ Mariachi. The two combined = genious! Should be an awesome gig. Will report back tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment