Monday 14 June 2010

Motivation Monday

It's a new week, I'm feeling better and it's time to start fuelling my body for some exercise again. It's really suprising how tiring just doing the most minor of tasks is after a week of not leaving the house. I've had to nap after both my outings at the weekend just to keep me going! It's just coming up to 10am and I'm already quite tired. Hoping that getting myself back into a routine will help, what with the getting up early, gym during the day, eating 5 times a day and going to bed and sleeping through, etc!

I decided this morning to wear trousers for work. I rarely wear trousers of any sort. I bought these towards the end of last year and by the time Christmas arrived they were a bit too tight. Then I just couldn't be bothered to iron them, so they've sat in the ironing pile for about 6 months! As I've been working hard lately at the gym, I thought I'd give them another go this morning and of course they fit fine. Phew! Annoyingly it looks like today has turned out to be sunny, so I'm wearing far too many clothes, but nevermind.

Food for today is back on track of what I'd usually have..

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk.

Snack: Homemade Banana and 73% chocolate oat muffins

Lunch: Ham Salad with Spinach, Rocket, Red Pepper and Red/Orange/Yellow Tomatoes and a spoonful of Lemon & Coriander Houmous. 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon: Fruit pot of peaches, strawberries & grapes.

Dinner: Pitta Pizza & Salad.

Exercise wise, I'm hoping to get out on a 4 mile run at lunchtime and do some weights at home this evening. I really need to get back up to long distance runs ASAP, it's been weeks since I've run a long distance. I'm only working a 3 day week, so hoping that I can do some longer distances at the weekend, perhaps Friday and Sunday.

As this post is entitled 'Motivation Monday', I thought I'd list a few things that should keep me motivated for the next few days, weeks and months.

1. Ascot - this Thursday 17th June.
2. My Birthday Party - 26th June.
3. My Birthday - 30th June.
4. A Wedding - 3rd July.
5. 10k Race with a friend - 7th July
6. Girlie Holiday - possibly mid-late July
7. SIL's 30th Birthday and Mr H's Birthday weekend - 7/8th August
8. Bristol Half - 5th September (still haven't entered though!)

3 comments:

  1. Snap, I'm celebrating on 26th too. Thinking barbecue at the minute, what about you? Good plan with the motivation list, may have to do the same...
    Glad you're feeling more like yourself :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to have a tea party with lots of sandwiches & cakes and a 40's theme, but too many people whinged about not knowing what to wear and I wasn't sure I could fit enough sandwiches for 25-30 people in our fridge. So I changed to no theme and mexican food... and cakes!

    I figure I can cook a chilli in the slow cooker and do some other bits and pieces to keep warm in the oven so no one will have to be in charge of the food in the evening and we can all just chill out.

    Means I can use my precious fridge space for cakes and desserts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi birthday twinny! I'll be celebrating on the Friday (2nd july I think), as it's after payday that way ;) We're off camping juring the week, so BBQ for us. x

    ReplyDelete