Tuesday 22 June 2010

I want to eat your brains

I've got one pic from the weekend so far (more to come when I get the camera back from Mr H and get some pics from my computer). This is from my SIL's charity tea party.

It was clearly taken before I started munching on the strawberries and French Fancies.

Mr H arrives home today, I'm quite excited to see him and hear all about his Zombie adventure on Grand Cayman. Hopefully he'll have got rid of all the weird fake flakey bits of skin they attached to him and the white contact lenses. I think that would gross me out a little.

Last night was a little rushed trying to get things sorted in the house. I had a bit of a naughty dinner - a small wedge of camembert baked in the oven with 2 slices of wholemeal bread. I think fate tried to intervene when I dropped it when I took it out of the oven (small ramekin + oven gloves = fail), but I managed to save it and it was lush. I had 2 sliced peaches afterwards before heading to Tesco.

I managed to do a strangely expensive Tesco shop. I did get some Berocca on buy 3 get the cheapest 3 so I've got 45 days worth now! I also spent £6 on tuna steaks, £6 on regular steak and £4 on gammon steaks. A week of steaks for us! I also picked up a papaya and some passion fruit. Neither of which I've ever really had before but I fancied trying something new. When I got home I chopped up the papaya. My first thoughts were that it didn't look like I expected, it had these creepy big black seeds inside that reminded me of spiders bodies. It also wasn't quite as orange inside as I would have thought, whether this is because it infact was not ripe (the label said 'ripe and ready to eat' or what I don't know. Finally, it absolutely stank, the smell made my stomach churn. I had one mouthful and it went in the bin. I think in future papaya might just be for body lotions and shower gels. Has anyone had a better experience with Papaya?

Today food is fairly similar to yesterday:

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 200ml Skimmed Milk (these new oats need more liquid to get soft), 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Cous Cous, Camembert, Spinach, Green Pepper, Tomato & 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon: Half a Honeydew Melon.

Dinner: Chicken & Jewelled Moroccan Cous Cous with Salad

I've also got another homemade Banana Choco Oat Muffin for extra if I get hungry.

In completely unrelated news, I've just had a phonecall from the PA of the consultant who's going to take a look at my shoulder. My appointment is on Monday. I'm already impressed at the process of going Private (I get healthcare through my employer). I have an x-ray booked for 5.45pm, then I'm seeing the consultant afterwards. I'm strangely looking forward to finding out what is going on.

1 comment:

  1. oh maybe try another papaya, i never had that with the smell = and i think they should always be quite vibrant in colour, maybe yours wasnt ripe! i love love love papaya, scoop out the funky little seeds and eat witha teaspoon right out the skin. x

    ReplyDelete