Wednesday 9 June 2010

Woe is me

Yet another day of terrible toothache. My dentist appointment clearly gave me little relief despite it being the second time they have opened up the tooth in question.

I woke up this morning around 1am when my painkillers wore off (note to self, taking pain killers at 9pm isn't good if it means waking up so soon after going to sleep). I just couldn't get back to sleep! I ended up once again sobbing in the bathroom for about half an hour before deciding to come downstairs and watch some TV to try to take my mind off the pain. I watched all sorts of crap and I also watched Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants... 2! Mr H came down to see me at around 6am when his alarm went off. I finally took some more hardcore painkillers around 7am and put myself to bed, instructing Mr H to call me in 2 hours and if I didn't answer to call me an ambulance! I'm so paranoid that I'm going to OD with the amount of pills I'm taking.

9am arrived and Mr H's phonecall woke me up as planned. I got straight on the phone to the dentists to ask if what I was experiencing was considered normal, the reply 'yes'. Not really what I wanted to hear. After another hour of sobbing on the phone to my Mum and writing an email to my boss to explain that I would actually be taking today off as sick (last two days I've been working from home just checking emails and stuff), I got dressed and headed to the pharmacy.

As I'm seeing my Doctor this evening anyway about my shoulder, they wouldn't give me any more pills. But they did give me some benzocaine numbing gel. Gives me enough relief to hopefully get some sleep.

Food isn't going particularly well at the moment, as a result of the antibiotics and probably the amount of pain killers I'm taking I'm not keeping food in for very long at all. I'm sticking to soft and bland foods. So boiled eggs & toast, bananas and digestive biscuits.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd give an update. I'm going to bed now to try and get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Nic this sounds horrendous! are you sure its not time to consider having that bad boy OUT!! xx

    ReplyDelete