Wednesday 2 June 2010

Who has time to slim slowly?

What a crock of shit. I took this picture from our TV last night. I think if there was one thing that I learnt when I was losing weight, its that slowly is the way forward. Sure 1-2lbs a week might seem slow, but if you think that can be half a stone a month. Half a stone is enough to make your existing clothes baggy, 2 months and you'll probably need some new clothes. Carry on for a year and you could well be at goal without sacrificing some treats along the way. And the most important thing is that at the end of it all your more likely to keep the weight off because you should have learnt how to feed your body what it needs.

Looking back at my weight loss spreadsheet, I started on 28th August 2008. My initial target was to get to around 9st 7lbs. I got to target (which I actually set at 9st 6.5lbs) 26 weeks later on 26th February. 26 weeks to lose 23.5lbs. I clearly took the slow and steady route. Today on week 92 (according to my spreadsheet), I'm a further 4lbs lighter and am healthier and fitter than I've probably been my entire adult life.

When you start out losing weight, the end point can seem so far away. But in reality, you soon get to a point where you start noticing it and then the rest of the journey seems as if it is within reach.

Anyhoo, moving on to today. As I reported yesterday, things went wrong for me. In the evening I got home after a sleep in the car, had dinner, took a long shower and just chilled out. Had a mini lie in this morning, another sleep in the car on the way to work and feel much better. I think yesterday I was just feeling exhausted!

Food for today is as follows...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 2 tsp Sweetener, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Flax, 150ml Berocca

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Spinach, Rocket, Tomato, Cucumber, Grape Salad with Ham and a Babybel, 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake

Mid Afternoon: Raspberries & Strawberries

Dinner: Pizza Pitta with Fiery Chilli Pesto on the base and Jalepenos and Ham on the top. Spice central!! Served with a heap of salad.

I will be hitting the gym today and I will be working hard :D

3 comments:

  1. I've been keeping my eye on youtube for that advert because I really want to post it on WI and see what people make of it. I'm glad to see it infuriated you as much as it has me, I've never ever considered complaining about something on the tv before but I'm enraged enough about this one to write and complain I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great day and the fiery pitta pizza sound LUSH! great post about the slow and steady too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not got my spreadsheet on me today (at home on laptop), but I've had a look at my calander and i'm on week 19, 16.5lbs (will have to double check) lighter. :)

    ReplyDelete