Tuesday 1 June 2010

New Week, New Goals

I can't believe the 3 day weekend is over. I had a really nice weekend though. On Saturday Mr H and I had a mooch around Winchester including Brunch at Maison Blanc (best boiled eggs and soldiers in town).

On Sunday we started out early on a 10k run on a new route we scouted out by car the previous evening. It was a good run, not an amazing time at 67 minutes, but its the first time either of us have done a longer distance run in about 3 weeks, plus we ran the hard way round with the 2k hill section at the end! It's 5 weeks until the Beale Park 10k and I want a time under 60 minutes, so will need to put a bit more work in. Afterwards I went and saw my Mum and we went shopping and I got my outfit for Ascot.

Then on Bank Holiday Monday we went over to Wimbledon to see some friends for lunch... and I may have drunk 3/4 of a bottle of red wine :P

I'm quite pleased with my outfit for Ascot - you just have to love shopping with Mum's. I set out with a budget of £100 to complete my entire outfit. We started off in TK Maxx rummaging through the racks to find dresses that were nice. I had really wanted a strapless dress, but I ended up trying on a pleated style black v-neck dress. It was perfect, a size 8 (though I'm sure thats why it was in TK Maxx, because it was sized wrong!), and the best bit - £19.99! Next came M&S to look for hats. I tried on a few and found 2 I liked. I couldn't decide between them until I woman browsing the shoes behind us said that the red was perfect! So that made the decision for me. It was £29.50, so more expensive than my dress, but I was still within budget :)

Next we went to Debenhams in search of a clutch bag. I found a cute black leather clutch bag with a metal frame clasp. The handle (which you can tuck inside) had come loose so I managed to blag 10% off at the till (in exchange for it being non-refundable), so that came to £36. Still within budget!

Finally, we ended up in BHS looking for a cardi for my Mum, and I found a chunky black bracelet with a price tag reduced from £10 to £3. I figured it was worth a gamble to see if it went well with the outfit, so I bought it. At the till it was actually £1.50!

Total outfit spend = £86.99.

The only thing that I might have a struggle to find an opportunity to wear again in the near future is the hat/fascinator, everything else will get a fair amount of usage.

Moving onto todays food, much the same as always :)

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 2 tsp Flax, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Spinach, Cucumber & Tomato Salad with Slow Cooked Ham, 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon: Half a melon filled with grapes, raspberries and strawberries.

Dinner: Tuna Steak on Stir Fried Vegetables.

I'll be hitting the gym at lunchtime for 20 minutes Cardio & 40 minutes weights.

In terms of my weekly goals this week, I want to aim for the following:
1. Gym - 3 days this week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
2. Running - At least 10 miles.
3. Drink 2 litres of Water a day
4. Leg press 100kg

1 comment:

  1. T K Maxx is always so random on sizing - I think in my local one all the sizes are in American. Although i'm sure your size 8 is a UK one as you are teenie tiny! x

    ReplyDelete