Tuesday 1 June 2010

Terrible Tuesday

Do you ever start out a day with good intentions and then as the day goes on you lose your way? I think that is what has happened so far today. I know this is the 3rd post I've made today, but I figure that it's important to try and get to grips with days like these.

About 10.30am I had my mid morning snack and it didn't really fill the hunger hole. By the time it got to 11.45am (which is when I would usually go to the gym), I was feeling light headed and dizzy so had my lunch and went to run errands into town.

On the way into town a guy driving a BMW lost control of his car on the wet roads coming towards us. He'd just come off a roundabout faster than he should have been going (what a dick!), the car started to spin out and he tried to correct it (by steering into on-coming traffic, which is what we were), then he saw us, tried to correct the steering again, resulting in a full spin of his car up onto the kerb. What a douche. Thankfully Mr H is a good BMW driver and we got out of the way, but we both ended up with a major adrenaline rush and a good dose of sicky feeling afterwards. Walking round town I felt even worse than before I'd eaten my lunch so ended up over indulging in 8 mini brownie squares. Now I feel better in some ways (light headed feeling has gone) and worse in others (my stomach doesn't really take too kindly to over indulgence in any food group).

Just to top things off, I've had some random sniffles have since lunch. I really hope its just hayfever and not a cold.

I guess perhaps the chocolate brownie incident and the crappy way I'm feeling today could be a result of over indulgence yesterday. As I mentioned earlier today, I drank 3/4 of a bottle of red wine. Considering I very rarely drink I was pretty hammered on that. I also ate rather rich food, lamb shank in a red wine sauce with creamed potatoes and a chocolate/creamy/raspberry pavlova roulade for pud. So perhaps I'm having withdrawal symptoms from yesterday. If that is the case, I hope that the brownies don't make this feeling continue for another day! Hopefully a bit of sleep in the car on the way home from work will power me up for a short run this evening when I get home to try and finish the day on a better note. Or maybe I'll just eat well the rest of today, rest up tonight and start tomorrow how today should have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment