Tuesday 8 June 2010

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse?

Yet another night of disturbed sleep! Pain is still horrendous, swelling is still not subsiding. I took some different pain killers yesterday. After the second batch of them I started feeling really bad. It had been just over an hour since I took them and I started to feel really nauseous and dizzy. I decided to go to bed and when I went to clean my teeth I saw my face in the mirror - I was actually grey! Needless to say when those pills wore off at 1am (when I woke up due to the pain), I went back to the others I had been taking. Last night felt like an eternity, when I was dosed up on painkillers I managed to get some sleep, but when I was waking up because they were wearing off the hour until the next set of painkillers kicked in was awful. Around 1am I had a little sob in the bathroom as I felt so terrible, its weird how the pain seems to be much more unbearable at night. I wonder if its got anything to do with lying down?

Anyway, I got out of bed this morning at around 9-9.30am and am not due any more painkillers until around 11am. I called the dentist this morning and they still want me to come in for my 2.50pm appointment. I'm not sure whether they can carry on with the root canal when I'm in pain and have swelling, but we shall see!

Food for yesterday wasn't brilliant, I had a minor indiscretion with a packet of supernoodles and two (yes two!) rolo desserts. I also discovered that the reason for me eating like a horse this past week and my jeans feeling a little tighter was AF related bloating. Hopefully that will subside over the next few days and I won't feel quite as sluggish.

Today will be better, as I did a Tesco shop yesterday and other than the supernoodles and the rolo desserts nothing else bad when into my trolley!.

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: 1 slice wholemeal & marmite (want to eat light before my dentist appointment)

Mid Afternoon: At the dentist so will be missed!

Dinner: Prawn Stir Fry with home-grown bean sprouts.

I'm going to try and get in a session of weights at home in the next few hours before I get ready to go to the dentist.

1 comment:

  1. :( Sorry to hear you're in pain. Kick up a fuss at the dentists to get it sorted.

    Combined with your AF bloat I can imagine how rotten you must feel. (But also congrats that it's finally arrive ;) )

    Good luck this afternoon xxx

    ReplyDelete