Monday 7 June 2010

Things to be happy about...

Firstly, I started a batch of Bean Sprouts on Friday Evening - look how well they are doing!Pic on the left was Saturday morning after they'd been soaking for 24 hours, middle pic is Sunday after they'd been rinsed, and pic on the right is this morning. I think we'll be having these as part of dinner tonight (when I figure out what we'll be eating!). They were so easy to do. I used Aduzki Beans and Black Eyed Beans (the dried versions that you can buy). Soaked them for 24 hours in a bowl of water, then placed them all into an old Raspberry tray (just need something that will contain them with a lid and drainage holes. Then place the container on a windowsill. After a further 24 hours, rinse through with water and place back on the windowsill. Keep going with this process until they have sprouted to your desired amount. Easy peasy!

Secondly, this is the 2nd batch of muffins that I made this week. I adapted this recipe and I made 14 muffins.

Ingredients

1 cup porridge oats
1 cup skimmed milk
1 cup brown self raising flour (I used Waitrose own)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
Handful of Mixed Frozen Berries (or filling of choice)

Method

1. Preheat the Oven to 200c
2. Soak the oats in the milk and vanilla essence.
3. In a seperate bowl, mix the apple sauce and egg whites, then add the oat mixture.
4. Add the dry ingredients (sugar, flour & cinnamon) to the wet mixture and fold in. Be careful not to over stir as the mixture will get too tough.
5. Add berries.
6. Spoon muffin mix into a muffin pan (I used regular muffin size silicone baking tray and made half size muffins).
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes
8. Remove from oven & enjoy!

Muffins can be frozen :)

Finally, I really do love Mr H. He's felt really helpless since I started getting toothache - after all theres not really much he can do to make it feel better. After my run yesterday he told me that Edie and Dolly had been upstairs and he thought they might have left me something on my bedside table. This is what they left :)

The roses are from our garden ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment