Monday 15 March 2010

8 weeks until Dubai

It is 8 weeks until our holiday to Dubai. This means I really need to take these 8 weeks quite seriously if I want to make a difference to how I look.

Today is day 1 of Operation Hot Bod.

Breakfast: 30g Porridge Oats, 2 tsp Sweetener, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Lunch: 1 slice wholemeal bread, spread of low fat marg, ham.


Snack: Giant Plum (I mean freakishly large, must be from a GM crop of mutant Plums)

Dinner: Chicken Brocolli with Rice, followed by 3 Quality Street.

At 2pm I met up with some temp gym instructor from an agency (boo!) and planned a new programme for me. I'm still planning on keeping up the 2 classes a week (Body Pump + Abs Attack) and still want to keep up with the 10-15 miles a week I run, but ideally want 2 routines, one for upper body and one for lower body that will sculpt and shape my body into what I want it to look like. I'm generally happy with my weight and the way I'm shaped, but I'm not happy about how wobbly some bits are.

Well this is the plan I need to stick to:

Upper Body:
4x8 @ 5kg Shoulder Press

4x8 @ 5kg Bicep Curl (think they were actually called Hammer press or something?!)
4x8 @ 5kg Tricep Press
4x8 @ 10kg Bar row
As many 'man' push ups as I can do

Lower Body:
4x5 @ 10kg (each hand) lunges (5 on left leg/5 on right leg, rinse, repeat)
4x8 @ 145lb Leg Press
4x8 Calf Raises from step
3x12 Side squat lunge things over a step

Think that was all I was 'prescribed' but I plan to add in some side raises on upper body, and some regular squats/ballet squats and bunny hops on lower body and maybe some jumps + step ups onto the bench just to mix things up a little.


At the gym I did a few of each of the exercises and I followed it with 20 minutes cardio (cybex cross trainer and bike). I also walked the pugs for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment