Tuesday 30 March 2010

Save me from myself

Argh, why is self sabotage soooo easy. Why do I still crack at the silliest of things?

This is what I am contending with today. A colleague suddenly remembered that we had a drawer full of treats (from a Birthday last week and from a ski trip) so decided to get them out and place them right on the edge of my desk. You see that handbag, I'm sitting about 25cms away from that, so those boxes of goodies are an arms reach away.

I thought to myself, oh I'll have a Millionaire Shortbread. I'd just finished my lunch which felt quite unsatisfying as the weather is so crap outside I think I could have done with something warm/stodgy. Salad and cous cous just didn't fill the gap. So I had that shortbread.

Then just a moment ago, I gave into one of the Lindt mega mixes and had myself a mini bar of Lindor. Seriously, what kind of girl can resist the powers of Lindor? It's smooth chocolately exterior and it's melt in the mouth middle, it was designed to be in my mouth.

The only thing thats keeping me sane is the fact that its 3.50pm, which means only 1 hour and 10 minutes until home time. Must resist sampling the milk chocolate bars, the white chocolate bars, the noir bars, the hazelnut bars... and more Lindor bars.

1 comment:

  1. Pah bad work colleagues. I hate it when they do that. My desk is next to the sweetie desk (you know the one where everyone dumps their holiday sweets / biscuit packs / cakes etc)

    ReplyDelete