Thursday 25 March 2010

Wet Wet Wet

I changed my plan for the gym slightly as I really wanted to run outside rather than on the treadmill. So gambling with the black sky I hit the streets. I wasn't planning anything hardcore today as my legs are still a little achey, I just needed to get them moving.

I decided to run to the bottom of a hill near my office, then sprint up it in 30 second intervals. Just as I reached the bottom of the hill it started to rain. It wasn't just a light shower, it was proper crashing down rain. Needless to say by the time I got back to the office I was soaked through. Not wanting to stop my session there, I towelled off my hair and hair dryed my trainers and put Tuesdays gym t-shirt back on (why it was still in my bag is beyond me, but it was better than wearing a t shirt that was dripping wet!) and hit the gym. I concentrated on upper body with some free weights and some abs work. The only thing I did for my legs was calf raises off a step.

I just checked out the distance on Mapometer and I'm actually quite suprised, it was 1.2 miles each way. Means my speed/time aren't too shabby either, specially as I walked (well fast walked) when I did my uphill intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment