Thursday 25 March 2010

Walking like John Wayne

I missed the gym yesterday lunchtime so I could leave work early. All good I thought as I'll get home early and go for a run. However, after sitting at my desk for most of yesterday, when I stood up to leave work it felt like I'd been hit by a bus. My legs were like lead.

Therefore, yesterday turned into an unofficial rest day, which is fine because I've still got enough time this week to fit in another 3 sessions.

The rest of the week should pan out as follows:

Thursday (today): Gym at lunchtime, 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes upper body weights (to give my legs a shot at recovery)

Friday: Weather permitting a run outside at lunchtime otherwise just cardio at the gym followed by full body weights.

Saturday: Rest day, but we're off to Monkey World so will probably do a fair amount of walking. If I can remember to pick up a battery I might take my pedometer to see how far I walk.

Sunday: 5 mile run.

My evening plans have changed a little over the past few days too, so that will make being good a little easier for now. Tonight we have nothing planned, tomorrow night I'm off to La Tasca with some friends but I am driving so won't be drinking at all. Saturday we're off to Monkey World and will be apparently having a pub lunch and Sunday I need to go shopping but will be doing it alone so no stop offs in Starbucks.

I'm feeling a bit low at the moment, I feel uncomfortable in my own skin, this suggests I've probably put some weight on but I am yet to step on the scales to confirm it either way. I know I'm eating ok and I'm exercising well so I guess it will all sort itself out, but just wish I could shake this feeling. I need to remember that changes won't happen over night.

On to todays food...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 150ml Berocca, Banana.

Mid Morning Snack: Scan Bran with Nutella

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner (wholemeal rice and peanut stew) & 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Ruby Orange

Dinner: Stirfry made with 1 pack stirfry veg, 2 large eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, five spice and black pepper.

Pud: Peanut Butter Goo Bar - last bit as the rest has gone in the freezer (thanks to Kat for the suggestion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment