Thursday 18 March 2010

Breakfast FAIL

Today has started off badly. I tried mixing my new protein powder with my porridge for breakfast - it turned it grey. I have issues with food that looks beige or grey. Not only was it grey, it tasted like crap too. Emergancy trip to the canteen was in order.

Breakfast: 30g Porridge Oats, 200ml Skimmed Milk, H&B Soy Protein, Milky Way (~200 calories), 2 slices of wholemeal toast with butter, 150ml Berocca. NB I didn't eat all of the porridge as frankly it was too nasty. I'll be sticking with regular porridge and a seperate shake in future. Whey protein works much better in porridge.

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner (minced beef, peppers, onion, chopped tomatoes, spices) with spinach & rocket salad & Giant Plum (again, its freakishly large),.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Banana

Dinner: Mug of homemade Pepper and Chorizo Soup and 2 slicecs of Wholemeal bread with low fat marg. Protein Shake with 200ml Skimmed Milk.

So I have a little confession to make, I stepped on the scales this morning. I know I shouldn't be weighing in at different times of the day and even on different days of the week, but it said 9st 6lbs. This pleases me. Really looking forward to see what the scales say on Monday next week, don't have anything planned over the weekend (apart from a possible drink with my Dad, but if the weather is nice we might walk to and from town for that), so I could be looking at a good result for this week.

At the gym today, I did 10 minutes on the bike, increasing the resistance every minute (I cycled 4k), 10 minutes on the treadmill (ran 1.5k), 10 minutes on the Cybex Cross Trainer (just under 1k). I then did my full weights routine with a few extras (Side Raises (2.5kg each hand), Front Raises (2.5kg each hand), Inclined Chest Press (5kg each hand), Calf Raises with Weights (10kg each hand), Squat/Deadlift (10kg barbell), extra Tricep Presses (2.5kg each hand), side abs thingies with 10kg weights). I feel like I've had a really good workout, was in the gym for an hour and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment