Tuesday 30 March 2010

Will it ever stop raining?

I swear its been raining nearly non-stop for the past week or so. It rained all of yesterday, all of last night and its still coming down this morning. I know we're nearly April and theres the whole 'April Showers' thing, but I could really do with some blue sky and happy clouds.

Anyways, yesterday for dinner I had Moroccan Jewelled Cous Cous & Chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves. It was really tasty and not too bad for a cheat meal (the cous cous was pre-flavoured, I just add bits). This is the recipe:

Moroccan Jewelled Cous Cous
1 Packet Ainsley Harriot Spice Sensation Cous Cous
Handful of Raisins
1 finely chopped Red Chilli
Handful of finely chopped Sundried Tomatoes

Make up the cous cous as directed, and add the rest of the ingredients :) Easy huh.

I usually add a little bit of grated cheese to make it a little stodgier for wrapping in lettuce, and I've been known to chuck in things like peppers, onions and mushrooms too.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, boo to lunchtime meetings. Instead I opted for an exercise DVD when I got home. Apparently it burnt off 162 calories according to my HR monitor which is hardly ground breaking, but I guess its better than nothing.

On to today...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning Snack: Banana

Lunch: Baby Spinach & Rocket Salad with leftover Moroccan Jewelled Cous Cous and a few slices of ham.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Caramel Shortbread (~180 calories), Apple.

Dinner: We are eating out tonight at our local gastro pub for my Nans 90th Birthday (go Nan!), will report back as to what I eat.

I had a meeting at lunchtime which over ran, I really wish people would stop booking meetings around lunchtime - don't they know that it interferes with my fitness!

By the time I got back from my meeting it was after 2pm, so I was starving and had completely missed my window of gym opportunity. Plan now is to fit in a quick session of something tonight before we go for the birthday meal.

This week is looking like a bit of a nightmare all of a sudden...

Monday: no gym, exercised at home
Tuesday: no gym, meal out but trying to exercise at home
Wednesday: Gym
Thursday: Working from home, so exercise at home or a run
Friday: Bank Holiday, exercise at home/run, meal out in the evening
Saturday: Possible exercise in the morning, at a wedding from 1.30pm (so more meals out)
Sunday: 5 mile solo run (Mr H is busy)

Whilst that schedule does potentially see me working out every day, its not really the kind of work out I want. Still got to be better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment