Monday 15 March 2010

Weekend

The weekend has come and gone with hardly any chance to really make the most of it.

Saturday started with Porridge Pancakes with a spreading of Nutella on the top, washed down with Berocca. I then cleaned 90% of the house - the only room that escaped me was the spare room because it will take a whole day in itself! By the time I had finished it was 3pm, so I made myself a ham sandwich, grabbed a shower and waited for Mr H to come home.

We nipped into town and I finally managed to spend my Joules vouchers I got for Christmas on a snazzy little dress. Its going to require some alteration as its a little bit baggy around the bust and I want to make the neckline sweetheart rather than straight across, but its still going to be so cute for when the weather perks up a bit. Its also a size 10 which pleases me.

We then went down to Warehouse where Mr H got me another stretch mini skirt (I bought 4 a few weekends back), this time its navy blue and cream stripe. So just perfect to add to my little collection of Nautical outfits :)

We stopped off at Waitrose on the way home and picked up supplies for dinner, we had Steak with Roasted Vegetables (Red Pepper, Yellow Pepper, Red Onion & Courgette) and a Sweet Potato Mash. It was delicious! For dessert we had 1 x American Idol chocolate to finish off the bag.

I had Sky+'d a lot of films whilst Mr H was away, so we had a few start/stops as we narrowed down which we wanted to watch and ended up with 'Bottle Shock'. It was about a guy who gave up the 9-5 to start a wine business in California at the dawn of the 'New World' wines. It was actually quite good :)

On Sunday we went to visit the in-laws at their new place on Hayling Island. Therefore, even though my day had started well with Porridge Pancakes, the rest of the day wasn't that great. I had some cheese/onion Pringles with dips, followed by a cold selection buffet style lunch. I had Olives, sundried tomatoes, a selection of cold cuts, salad, grated cheese, root vegetable mash, followed by an Amaretto chocolate sponge pudding thing washed down with a glass of wine.

Later I battled through a barrel of tea with no sugar (I don't drink tea, but was made a mug and if I do have tea, it needs sugar - but out of politeness I drank it anyway - YUCK!) and a chocolate cupcake. By the time it hit 6pm, not only was I stuffed but I was also wrecked and ready to hit the sack.

We got home around 7pm, walked the dogs, and had a picky snack dinner of olives, bread, cheese and cold cuts. After a heavy lunch, it didn't take much to fill us back up again!

So the weekend wasn't terrible, but I'm looking forward to having a good week starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment