Monday 22 March 2010

Just 4 days til Friday

And so Monday has arrived again... ergh.

I slept really badly last night, I had a really pathetic nightmare really early on in the night that left me feeling quite disturbed (dreamt my Dad got eaten by a shark!). Then I ended up with an insane amount of duvet which I was slowly baking underneath - but if I put legs/arms out, becuase the window was open I froze. I was also quite dehydrated so ended up drinking all the water I took to bed, needed more, but didn't want to get out of bed. Luckily Mr H said he would drive to work this morning, so I did manage to get a little bit more rest in the car.

Breakfast: Protein Shake with 200ml Skimmed Milk, 30g Porridge Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 150ml Berocca.

Mid Morning Snack: Square of PBGB (Peanut Butter Goo Bar)

Lunch: Handful of Prawns in Low Fat Mayo/Salad Creme, Half an Avocado, Mixed Salad Leaves followed by 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Grapes, Strawberries, Banana

Dinner: Leek and Bacon with Pasta followed by PBGB.

For my lunchtime exercise, I took a 4k run outside coming in at 25 minutes and 55 seconds, burning off 247 calories according to my HR monitor. Best bit about it was that I ran for 2 miles before I had to slow down so I could blow my nose (stupid hayfever!). So I was pleased about that. Another highlight of my run was seeing a man in drag - no amount of black bobbed hair over the face and aviator shades will hide your broad shoulders, nor will walking like you have a pair of balls between your legs and painted nails will not disguise your gigantic hands. Infact, he reminded me of Shirley from Eastenders. Anyway, after my run, I hit the gym for some weights.

Leg Press: 3x10 @ 145lbs, 1x10 @ 150lbs
Calf Raises: 4x10 @ 20kg total weight
Lunges: 4x5 @ 20kg total weight

Hammer Press: 4x10 @ 4kg each hand
Bicep Curl: 4x10 @ 4kg each hand
Shoulder Press: 4x6 @ 4kg each hand
Tricep Press: 4x10@ 4kg
Side Raises: 2x10 @ 2.5kg each hand
Front Raises: 2x10 @ 2.5kg each hand

I spoke to the gym guy today about my shoulder and he said that so long as it doesn't hurt to continue working it with lower weights for now. I'm going to do body pump tomorrow with slightly less weight than usual and see how I get on.

Dinner was a bit of a failure tonight, we were home more than an hour late (as Mr H had a meeting that didn't finish to 6), so I made a quick dinner of pasta, 3 leeks, 6 rashers of bacon with the fat removed, 4 tbsp white wine, 4 tbsp double cream and black pepper. It was really nice, but so so rich. Because I'd waited more than an hour extra for my dinner, I was absolutely ravenous and ended up eating too much. I followed my splurge dinner with some more PBGB and spent the rest of the evening feeling really bloated and horrible. Its days like this that make me realise the importance of forward planning. It was an unplanned dinner, which resulted in a quick dinner with ingredients I could find easily and it wasn't as healthy as it could have been and I over ate.

Still, I'm sure so long as I don't go overboard too much this week it'll all even out.

No comments:

Post a Comment