Monday 29 March 2010

Weekend Report

For my meal out on Friday night (which didn't happen til 8.45pm - *sighs*) I ended up having Salted Edamame Beans to start, followed by Duck Chow Mein, and a spoonful of Bento Box Brownie for pud. I felt quite pleased with my choices, although the salt in the starter and the extra soy sauce I added to my main course meant I drank about 2 pints of water after getting home! I really don't like eating late and because we didn't get into the restaurant until 8.45pm, it meant we didn't finish until about 10.30pm. Nothing worse than heavy stomach when your thinking about hitting the hay.

On Saturday we were up early and out at the Vets. Dolly has a lump on her right hand side that we've been monitoring for a while. They took a sample before and said it was just a fatty cyst, but we're still totally paranoid about it so took her back for a biopsy. She was a really good pug and let the vet get on with it - of course I'm sure she knew that she'd get a Gravy Bone from the nice ladies on reception if she didn't make a fuss. We should get the results sometime during the next week, fingers crossed they find nothing untoward.

After the Vets, we walked the pooches and got in the car and drove to Monkey World. We met some friends there and walked around the park for about 4 hours. We stopped to have some lunch and I found a spider in my handbag. I'm really good at controlling bad language around kids (and lets face it at an animal park, there are tonnes of them), but I cannot control what leaves my mouth when I find spiders. Within seconds my eyes had welled up and I was ready to bawl, luckily 1 out of the 7 of us out was not afraid of spiders and she rescued it from my handbag and relocated it to a new home in some greenery. Phew. It was quite a good day out looking at Monkeys, it did make me feel sad though reading about the cirumstances in which many of them had arrived at Monkey World. Whole enclosures full of monkeys that were formally used for lab research broke my heart. The turnaround they have made from being kept in a small cage to living in a enclosure with large inside rooms and expansive outside play gyms is incredible and they certainly seemed to be making the most of it! Highlight of the day was probably the Orangutans out in the rain with blankets over their heads, they looked like ET.
We got home about 5pm, fed the dogs and took them up to the park for a run around.

Food for Saturday consisted of:

Breakfast: 30g Jumbo oats, 200ml Skimmed Milk, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder and 2 tsp Sweetener.

Lunch: Wholemeal Sub Roll, Scrape of L/F Marg, Ham, Tomato, PGBG, Babybel, Banana, Mini Sausage with some really hot chilli sauce (just to prove I could handle the heat better than my husband!)

Dinner: Homemade Meatballs with Red Onion, Mushrooms, Red/Yellow Peppers, Courgette, Chopped Tomatoes and spoonful of Fiery Chilli Pesto (yum!) and half a baked Sweet Potato.

On Sunday we had our 2nd 5 mile run. We knocked just under 7 minutes off our time from last week :). I think this was down to keeping to a steadier pace, so my heart rate only tipped above 180 bpm a couple of times. So we're now running nearly 10 minute miles for the whole distance, which hopefully we can hit next weekend.

Food for Sunday consisted of:

Breakfast: Pre-Run = 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Post-Run = Banana and Strawberries, 2 tsp Sugar.

Lunch (at 4pm!): Leftover Meatballs (3) and Veggie Sauce with a slice of cheese mixed in.

Dinner: Salmon Steak, Egg & Salad w/ L/F Salad Creme/Mayo

Pud: Porridge, 150ml Semi-Skimmed Milk, 50ml Water, 1 bar of Dairy Milk (the old style Animal bars < 100 calories I think). I needed pud yesterday as I was in a grotty mood, the kind that only something yummy will get you out of.

After our run, we went to Southampton in search of wedding outfit accessories and some bits from Ikea. It was pretty successful, even if I did forget to buy some bits that were on my list. I ended up with a Coral Pink Bag from M&S and some Patent Grey shoes from Dotty P's for the wedding we're off to on Saturday :).

No comments:

Post a Comment