Wednesday 31 March 2010

Forgot my Breakfast

Is there any worse way to start the day than forgetting your breakfast? Well thats what I've done. I weighed out my jumbo oats this morning, added my teaspoons of cocoa and sweetener then left it sitting on the kitchen side (well thats where I assume it is). Today has not started well.

I had a lovely night last night, didn't do my planned exercise DVD but will get back on that wagon today. We got to the pub about 7.40 and waited for about 15 minutes for my family to arrive. Considering my Nan had broken the end off a bone attaching to her knee a few weeks ago, she was back on her feet and speeding around again, was great to see.

I didn't hold back, not one bit when it came to food/drink. I drank probably 3/4 of a bottle of wine (a merlot, yum!) and food wise I had Pork Belly to start with some kind of parsnip puree and a red wine jus, followed by duck cooked 3 ways (no idea what the three ways were) with sweet potato puree and wilted spinach, then finished off with 2 scoops of tonka (its variety of vanilla apparently) with chocolate torte and 2 chocolate discs. Oh and a chocolate mint :)

The food was really rich, but the portions were small, so I didn't feel too bloated afterwards. However this morning the richness of last nights food hasn't sat with me to well.

On to todays food...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 2 slices wholemeal toast with what I presume was butter, the canteen at work doesn't have a great selection of food or labels to tell you what things are!

Mid Morning Snack: Nothing needed, full from my crap breakfast and pre-occupied with work.

Lunch: Wholemeal Roll with Ham (l/f marg) and 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Banana, Apple.

Dinner: Homemade Hash Browns w/ 1.5 Quorn Sausages, 3 Large Mushrooms, Baked Beans, 1 Rasher of Bacon and a squirt of Ketchup.

Today at the gym I'm going to skip my abs class as this is the last time I'll be able to hit the gym until next Wednesday potentially (will depend on train strikes next week as to whether I'll be able to go on Tuesday or not). So plan for 20 minutes cardio on the Cybex Cross Trainer, then full body weights for around 40 minutes. Going to wear my HRM to make sure I'm working hard enough and not laming out.

The results of said gym session are in! My session lasted 57 minutes, split 20 minutes cross trainer then the rest weights, abs and mat work.

Max HR = 180 bpm (93%)
Average HR = 149 bpm (77%)
Cals Burnt = 446

After the 20 minutes on the cross trainer I did full body weights

Leg Press: 3x10 @ 145lbs
Weighted Single Leg Lunges: 3x10 @ 10kg (each hand), 30 on each leg in total
Weighted Calf Raises: 3x10 @ 10kg (each hand)
Squat & Deadlift: 3x10 @ 10kg barbell
Calf Raises: 3x10 (body weight off a step)
Side Step Squats: 3 x 12 (left leg followed by right leg = 1, so 24 leaps in each set)

Then a variety of arm weights which I didn't really count too well.
Shoulder Press (5kg weights each hand), Tricep Press (5kg then 4kg weights each hand), Upright Row (10kg Barbell), Hammer Press (5kg weights each hand), Front/Side Raises (2kg each hand).

Then onto abs,
Weighted Side Bends 3x10 on each side @ 5kg, and 10 star jumps in between the sets.
A variety of sit ups (regular, legs in the air, legs scissored, crunches, pulses)
Superman 2 x 10 + 1 x 30 second hold
Plank 2 x 15 seconds, 1 x 30 second

Inner leg raises 3 x 20 (on each side)
Outer leg raises 3 x 20 (flexed foot, pointed foot, flexed foot on each side)

Stretch and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment