Friday 27 August 2010

Busy busy busy

My calendar has gone nuts! I was emailing a friend yesterday to try and figure out when I would see her next and I'm genuinely struggling to fit anything in. This is how my next month and bit is looking so far:

28th - Photoshoot & shopping
29th - Lunch with Friends
30th - Lunch with more Friends

4th - Local Fete (we're running the Hoopla stall)
5th - Bristol Half Marathon Support

11th - Trip to Thorpe Park for a 30th Birthday
12th - Free!!!

17th - 19th - Step Sisters Hen Do Weekend

25th - 11 year School Reunion
26th - Free!!!

1st October - Wedding
2nd October - Mr H goes on tour & its my Bro's birthday Party

It's actually making my head hurt how busy I am! Days during the week are pretty much a complete wash out unless it's meeting people after work in London (which I'll probably be doing on the 8th and 23rd when I'm up there). We live too far away from everyone else to make evening plans a feasible option unless it's a Friday night.

Does anyone else struggle with fitting in time to see everyone/anyone?!

Yesterday went ok, I had my second rest day of the week as I got DOMS bad. They appeared after sitting down at my desk all day, it feels like someone injected lead into thighs. I also didn't do my Physio exercises last night. After taking the dogs to the vets, nipping into Waitrose for supplies, making dinner, walking dogs, etc, etc - I just ran out of time!!

On the point of dinner, it was pretty awesome. I'd got some mince out of the freezer with the idea of making burgers. Unfortunately during the day it hadn't defrosted properly and it just wasn't breaking down enough to be able to schmush into burger shapes. Plan B was to make sloppy joes - but when I discovered I had no tomato puree or chopped tomatoes or even ketchup that went to pot too. I ended up cooking the mince up in a pan with a little Fiery Chilli Pesto, adding a little Plain Flour at the end of cooking to bind it all together. I then cut 3 discs of bread out of a loaf and created Stacking Slop Free Joes.

The 'burger' went, bread, lettuce, mince, cheese, bread, lettuce, mince, tomato, bread. Triple stacker!

I served it with a medley of onion, mushrooms and peppers and had a little extra tomato and gherkins on the side. It was really tasty!

Today will be my last gym day of the week, I need to complete 2 runs over the weekend in order to meet my goals. I think it's totally do-able so I'm not too worried. I also still need to get to a pool! I will call them today and find out what times the pool is free and how much it costs (as Mr H hasn't had chance to ask when he's been in during the week).

Food for today looks like this...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 1 tsp Flax, 1 tsp Coconut, 150ml Skimmed Milk & Berocca.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: Wrap with leftover dinner inside & a huge heap of Spinach.

Mid Afternoon: Berry Medley (Strawberries, Raspberries & Blueberries) with a homemade mini-muffin.

Dinner: I'm thinking soup of some sorts. We're off to Tesco tonight for our food shop, so will decide what to make when I'm there!

Reviewing daily goals:
* Vitamins everyday - check!
* Food Diary everyday - check!
* Run at least 3 x 3 miles - 1/3 TBC
* Exercise at least 5 times (including the running) - 3/5 check!
* Drink 2 litres of water a day - check!
* Do my physio workout everyday - check!
* Get to the pool! - TBC

1 comment:

  1. aghhh i hate being so busy! i know that feeling all too well! this girl my age has moved in next door, and i thought about taking abottle of wine or something round and introducing myself and trying to make friends, then i thought to myself "how can i possibly fit anything more in right now!" how bad is that!!!

    well done for salvaging dinner, sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete