Monday 23 August 2010

New week, new goals

I had an appointment with my shoulder consultant this morning. He is pleased on the progress I am making, but is still not ruling out the need to have surgery. He asked what I was still having problems with (weight above my head, arm moving behind head and the clunking). He said that the movement could get better with more physio and more time. The clunking could be scar tissue on the muscles/tendons, he said that if the clunking didn't stop, they'd probably do an MRI scan to check out how bad it is or if it is something else. So I'm to give things another 6 months or so and if I'm still having problems early next year, we'll get the MRI scan done. As he rightly pointed out, if I end up having surgery, I'll be back to square one with all the physio, so it's good to be giving it my best shot without surgery in the first instance. He recommended I go swimming once a week as that will give me a good resistance workout.

With that in mind, here are my goals for the week (and whether or not they were completed today):

* Vitamins everyday - check!
* Food Diary everyday - check!
* Run at least 3 x 3 miles - 1/3 check! Time - 27:54, Max HR - 189, Avg HR - 169, Calories Burnt - 400
* Exercise at least 5 times (including the running) - 1/5 check!
* Drink 2 litres of water a day - check!
* Do my physio workout everyday - check!
* Get to the pool! - TBC (Mr H is going to check out the cost for me tomorrow)

I'm not entirely sure what this week is going to look like from an extra-curricular activities perspective, especially because of the Bank Holiday weekend. At present I don't think we've got all that much planned, but seeing friends/family is on the agenda.

Food for today is looking like this:

Breakfast: 30g Jumbo Oats, 150ml Skimmed Milk, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp Coconut, 2 tsp Sweetener, 1 heaped tsp Cacao Nibs, berocca

Mid-Morning: 2 triangles of Toblerone (its all gone now).

Lunch: Mashed Banana on Toast with a glass of squash.


Mid Afternoon: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake

Dinner: Tuna Napolitana Pasta Bake with a Spinach, Tomato and Onion side salad.

+ another 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake after my evening run.

In other news, we've got some friends getting married in Vegas next month. Everyone is getting a page together to go into a book to be given to them whilst they are out there. Today I've done a little doodle ready for us to add our message to. It's a little cheesy, but I love it!

1 comment:

  1. awww how cute is your wedding doodle is soooo cute!! x

    ReplyDelete