Monday 23 August 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday was a great night. Mr H and I haven't been out on our own for ages. We don't really have an awful lot of excuses for why we haven't been out, but we've vowed to try and make it a more regular event.

Dinner plans changed a little from planned. We were running the risk of being early to the cinema, so we had all our eats at Dim-t rather than have any snacks at the cinema. We ended up with Prawn Crackers & Chilli dip and some Edamame to start. Then I had Duck Chow Mein with lots of extra Soy Sauce and Mr H had Shanghai Lemon Chicken and rice. For pud I had the Bento Box Chocolate Brownie (divine!) and Mr H had the sorbet (he ALWAYS has the sorbet if its on offer). I also had a diet coke.

We walked over to the cinema and got our seats (with another diet coke). We were right on the back row in the corner. At our cinema the back row is the place to be as its the only place with a flat surface on the floor to put your drink down on, you have stacks of leg room and you don't have to ask anyone to move if you need to get out! Perfect! It was pretty quiet, only about 30 people in there. Inception was good, a bit of a mind fuck for a Friday evening when my brain had been turned to mush after the working the week, but still enjoyable. Poor Mr H didn't cope so well, he must have fallen asleep about 5 times through it, bless.

Saturday I was up early and off to Kent to meet up with Caz for a retro photoshoot. It was soooooo much fun. We started off at Bluewater walking around the landscape surroundings (lakes, bridges, ponds, tunnels, etc). Then I had a change of outfit in the carpark (yes, in the carpark) and we headed into Rochester. I'd never been to Rochester before but it was really cute. They had lots of bunting up and there were lots of unusual independent type shops. I think I'd definately take another look in next time I'm at Bluewater. When we were at the castle an old man asked me if I was model, bless his cotton socks :)

Finally, we headed over to Caz's parents house so I could get changed into my wedding dress for our last set of photos. I think I've posted before that my wedding dress now fits (minus my old ample boobage filling the top) without the corset that I had made to wear with it on. I'm still quite chuffed about this! Anyhoo, Caz's Mum made me the most awesome ham, cheese & dorset pickle sandwich with a few crisps. Why is that Mum's make everything taste so much better?

We did some photos in their garden, then we headed over to Cooling Castle which is where Mr Jools Holland lives for some more pics. Here she had me posing in cut fields and outside a church.

Finally, we called it a wrap and I went and got changed into regular clothes and she dropped me back at Bluewater.

I had a whole new appreciation for the work models do afterwards, I had to stop at Fleet Services on the way home because I was just SO tired. I could bearly keep my eyes open and all I'd done all day is pose/work it!

It was lovely to meet Caz, she is an absolute sweetheart. We've probably been chatting to one another in a forum for over 3 years, so was great to finally meet in person. She's already posted some of the pics up on Facebook, and I'm seriously blown away they are amazing. She's got one heck of a talent. Here's just one for you to enjoy.

If you want to know more about her photography, take a look on her website http://www.clnphotography.co.uk/.

When I got home from Kent, my Cacao nibs had arrived. I ordered them from Auravita.com and they arrived super speedily. I really like the natty little tube they came in, I get so fed up of everything being in bags in my cupboard, it takes forever to find the bag of whatever I'm looking for and inevitably one bag isn't shut and I'll get showered with something like red lentils!

They tasted much more bitter than I had expected after tasting them in things like granola nibbles and cereal bars before, but when they are added to other things, oh my!

I tried them on top of porridge and they added a little bit of extra crunch and depth in flavour. I'm really looking forward to trying these out in some different dishes.

They smell kind of weird though, a bit like vinegar. Not sure I like that one bit!

On Sunday we went to Salisbury with my Bro and SIL instead of Chessington through fear of rain. As it turned out I'm sure we'd have been fine, but nevermind. Hopefully we'll have a case of third time lucky!

Salisbury was cool, we had lunch (I had Gammon, Eggs, Chips & Pineapple) then fed the ducks, then got some icecream (I had chocolate with a Fudge Stick) and went to look around the Cathedral and saw the Magna Carta. Afterwards we mooched around the shops before heading home. We drove through a place called Stockbridge which is only about 15 minutes away from our house, it's super pretty and has been noted as a place to go back to visit in its own right.

After our big lunch, we didn't need a huge dinner. So I made pizza wraps with salad and slices of an apple we picked up down the road where someone had put all their spares out on a table on their front driveway. It was delicious!


Looking at my weekly goals overall:
* Vitamins everyday - 7/7
* Food Diary everyday - 7/7 (bit flakey at the weekend, but nevermind)
* Run 3 miles everyday - 3/7, not horrendous, I think I was aiming a little high especially with going to the gym as well.
* Drink 2 litres of water a day - 7/7
* Do my physio workout everyday - 7/7

5 comments:

  1. Really lovely photos Nic, you gonna get some framed?

    Totally relate re: lentils falling out over head!! ha ha. Those IKEA upperware boxes of mine have come in handy for storage though. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've got the same set of green ikea tubs as you, most of them are still sitting in the packet in one of our cupboards. I'd not really thought about using them in that way! Great idea.

    Think Mr H wants a new picture for his desk at work, and I think a few of the sweetie themed ones will look great in our kitchen (as its all pink and retro). I think my parents will want some too, I might hold out and give them one for Christmas or something as it's not too far off now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the photoshoot! you must be so pleased with the pics, you look truly beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of you is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, just seen this, thanks for the lovely post - i've just been blogging about you :o)

    Pics are looking fab - even though i do say so myself! I've said it before and i'll say it again, it was a pleasure to meet you - i feel like i've known you for years!

    ReplyDelete