Wednesday 18 August 2010

Early Start

Somehow I was in work for 7.30am this morning. Ergh, just how much does that SUCK! I even had time to stop off at M&S and stock up on lunches for the next 2 days (2 tubs of Santini Salad for £3 and a packet of ham).

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I heated up my wrap in the microwave at lunchtime and it was awesome, why I've never thought of microwaving wraps before is beyond me. It's a great for when the weather is a little colder and something warm at lunchtime is required. The wrap went a little soggy, but I strangely enjoyed it!

I also acheived all my daily goals which is great. My run was quicker than yesterday, but I know I wasn't really running as fast as I could. To quote Mr H 'have you just started running quicker or what?'. My answer was yes! I don't think he liked it one bit, but then again I've been running my hilly 3 mile route for months, he's only done it twice.

I took two photos yesterday, first was of my Bear Granola nibbles. I think Bear must have a sideline business in the Dentist industry. Seriously?! What are they trying to do? Grind away all my teeth? This beast was huge, I had to break it down into regular more manageable bits so I didn't a) get jaw ache, b) loose all my teeth. Whilst consuming this large piece of granola, I got to thinking about trying to make own granola. So I've ordered a tub of cocoa nibs with that in mind.

The second photo I took was of my dinner. Nothing that groundbreaking to be honest, just a homemade lamb burger in a bun with some chutney and a salad. But after my run it was nice to have a dinner that was ready in about 10 minutes, even if I did completely smoke out our open plan kitchen/living room. Mr H and the pugs were not impressed. Oopsie!

I suppose I should also report two not so good things:

1) I did not make it to the gym at lunchtime - theres nothing fun about walking 10 minutes in the rain to and from the gym... specially when your work shoes leak.

2) I had a portion of chips from the canteen. I didn't eat them all, but I had a craving, it needed satisfying. I'm done on the chip front for now.

I've been feeling a bit 'meh' lately when it comes to how I look. Not sure what it is, I just felt so good back before I subluxed my shoulder and since then it's been a downhill spiral. I think I've written before about how I see myself and how it doesn't match up with other what other people see. I'm still waiting for the two to match up, but for now, seeing what I look like in photographs is helping. I got tagged in a photo from Sonisphere on facebook yesterday....


Ignoring the fact that I've got my eyes shut (or am I just looking down?), this isn't what I expected to see in a photo of me kneeling down. I actually look pretty good. There is no obvious muffin top (though I may have cheated slightly by cutting off a pair of old size 12 shorts which were too big!), my arms look slim, my legs look incredible considering the other half of legs is folded underneath and I remember when I was sitting there I was thinking 'I bet my thighs look huge sitting like this'. I've still got some collarbone definition, not as good as when I was doing more weights, but it's still there which is the most important thing. So all in all not bad for someone who isn't feeling in great shape at the moment.

It has made me think about my training though. At the moment I feel like I'm not particularly enjoying my gym routine or that I have anything in particular to aim for. Both these feelings are something to worry about. I need to shake things up a bit and find myself some goals.

What goals do you have at the moment?

5 comments:

  1. I'm training for a 10k at the moment, I love having little personal goals to try and beat.. What sort of stuff do you do at the gym? How about testing your time for a run or something and then seeing how much time you can shave off your first time over 2 months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. first up - you look awesome!! what a beautiful picture! you look so happy and healthy and full and life!
    Second up - where did you order the cocao nibs from please??? i've been looking for some! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab Nic - the few pics i've stalked of you on FB have amazed me about the size of your waist. I know that not exercising how you want to means you feel less than your best, but to me.. you look fantastic. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Generally at the gym I do between 10-30 minutes cardio and up to an hour of weights/resistance/abs work. I do have a few things which I try and improve upon each time I go, things like cycling further in the same time, how many squats I can do in a minute, etc. I use my HRM aswell to ensure that I'm working hard enough, but listening to metal on my ipod usually makes that happen anyway!

    I just sort of feel like I'm plodding along with my fitness at the moment rather than making any progress. Running 3 miles each day this week is turning out to be quite fun, seeing each day if I can improve my time. I guess generally taking time off our 10k route is also motivating. Maybe setting some goals for inch loss would be good... definately some thought provoking things in there.

    Neen, as for the cocoa nibs, I've ordered them from some place called Auravita. It was a complete gamble on a site I'd never heard of, they just had pretty reasonable prices for the product and delivery. They should be here by Monday at the latest I think, so I'll report back on whether they a) fulfilled my order and b) the nibs are good or not (not that I really have anything to base it on, but hey)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks LME :) Just caught that comment as I'm about to go and try and blitz the gym... whilst pondering some new goals.

    ReplyDelete