Thursday 26 August 2010

No Added Sugar

Yesterday was the first day in ages I managed to break the destructive cycle of eating sugary delights. I stuck to my meal/snack plan 100%.

I won't lie, it was tough. After dinner I was craving something, it took ALOT of willpower to not hop in the car and go and buy something to eat. But now I'm the other side of it all, I think it's going to be ok.

I guess I was probably temporarily addicted to dessert. Little sugary pick me ups to get me through the day, a sweet treat after dinner to enjoy my evening a little more. It's nice to be able to do these things once in a while, but I know I cannot maintain my body on this sort of food. I think it's also had a lot to do with how I feel in myself lately, I've been relying on the sugar to pick up my mood, but when the sugar runs out I feel even worse than when I started. This cycle has been ongoing for what feels like ages, however, it has been broken and I will not let it slip again!

I'm ready stand up against sugar!

Looking at my food plan for today...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 1 tsp Flaxseed, 150ml Skimmed Milk, Berocca.

Mid Morning: Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry filled tub.

Lunch: Ham, Cheese & Egg Salad

Mid Afternoon: Banana

Dinner: Homemade burgers with grilled mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and peppers.

I've also got at my disposal another Protein Shake (to be consumed after my run this evening) and a homemade mini choco/oat/banana muffin.

I think my weekly goals are going ok, I'm quite pleased with how they are progressing.

* Vitamins everyday - check!
* Food Diary everyday - check!
* Run at least 3 x 3 miles - 1/3 TBC
* Exercise at least 5 times (including the running) - 2/5 TBC
* Drink 2 litres of water a day - check!
* Do my physio workout everyday - FAIL!
* Get to the pool! - TBC

2 comments:

  1. your goals are looking good hun! well done for defeating the sugar demon last night, another couple of nights and you'll be in the habit of NOT doing it! yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I so totally need to do this. I'm like a sugar monster - it's ridiculous. It's like crack - only I reckon icing sugar is more addictive :o)

    ReplyDelete