Tuesday 17 August 2010

I spoke too soon...

It is clear by looking out the window this morning, that Summer has disappeared again. The sky is a familiar shade of grey and it's drizzling.

I had another Physio appointment yesterday lunchtime, progress is still being made, but the point at which the initial 'pop' occured is still giving me some problems. I've got some more exercises to do with light weights above my head and I've got lots more exercises involving a gym ball to work on the stability of the joint. I have an appointment with my consultant next Monday to review my progress, fingers crossed he's pleased with how its going (I know I am!).

We had a lovely evening last night, when Mr H got home we went straight out for a run. The run was good, not a great time but we had to stop for traffic twice and we also moved a tree that had fallen into the road. Our time was still only just over 30 minutes though, so I reckon if we hadn't had to stop several times our overal time would have been ok. When we got home I made ratatouille with courgette, aubergine, red pepper, mushrooms, onion and tinned tomatoes with a spoonful of Fiery Chilli Pesto, and made some lamb meatballs to go with it. We had a little bit of grated Grana Padano cheese on top. I'll admit, this photo does not look good! It 100% looks like roadkill, but it did taste nice... honest.

I also decided to experiment with my porridge mix last night. It's getting a bit tedious mixing it all up everyday, so I've made a batch of 3 days worth. I mixed 90g Oats, 6 tsp Sweetener, 3 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Flax, 3 tsp Dessicated Coconut and stirred it all together. I then put a scoopful in a tub ready for the morning. I can report back that it tasted good, so I'll continue with my other 2 days worth before deciding whether making up a large batch is a good idea or not!

Food for today is:

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Scoop of Porridge Mix with 150ml Skimmed Milk, Berocca

Mid Morning: Banana & Yellow Watermelon

Lunch: Wrap filled with leftover Ratatouille, 1 slice of Ham, half a slice of Gouda, 1 sliced tomato, 2" chunk of cucumber sliced. 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake
Mid Afternoon: Strawberries, Blueberries & a bit more Watermelon

Dinner: Homemade Lamb Burger in a Wholemeal roll with Chilli & Tomato Chutney served with a salad.

I'll be hitting the gym at lunchtime to do weights and a minimal amount of cardio as I'll be running my 3 miler this evening.

Looking at my daily goals:
* Vitamins everyday - check!
* Food Diary everyday - check!
* Run 3 miles everyday - check! Time - 29:24, Calories Burnt - 358, Max HR - 184, Avg HR - 161

* Drink 2 litres of water a day - check!
* Do my physio workout everyday - check!

1 comment:

  1. I hate having to stop on my runs! I think I get runners rage or something haha! I love your little pug, so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete