Friday 20 August 2010

Fabulous Friday

Morning! I'm in a rather chipper mood this morning which is great considering I didn't sleep well at all. I had a really disturbed night of dreams and woke up at goodness knows what time with really bad hayfever. I think my dreams were somewhat fuelled by excessive consumption of orange squash before bed (I drank 750ml, why why why!!), the first big spider of the year (seriously, it was the size of my hand!) and research into kitsch Bento boxes (odd, but true!).
Yesterday I had a pretty awesome run, my official stats:

Time - 27:07, Mac HR - 186, Avg HR - 168, Calories Burnt - 378.

This gives me approx 9 minute 2 second miles. I'm a bit pissed off because about half a mile from home I had a fly in the eye incident and I was on the only section of road that doesn't have a pavement and cars drive aat 60 down. Initially I tried to run with one eye shut, but as I was running at the tail end of rush hour, there were too many cars and I was all over the shop. I had to stop and blink and force tears and blink and use tissues, nails all sorts to try and get this sucker out. I didn't manage it, but I did get it to a point where at least I could open my eye and keep going. So I still think I can do this 3 mile circuit quicker. In any case, it's still over a minute a mile quicker than the pace we ran on Monday. I should probably mention that I ran alone last night.

This morning when I arrived at work I saw a guy who I used to work with in a different department. He complimented me on how I was looking and said I looked like I was still really hitting the gym and that I looked so different these days. Amazing start to the day with a compliment, yippee!

I think my day can only get better as I've made a Bento inspired lunch for myself (I made a duplicate for Mr H too).
It's not the best photo in the world, but basically the box contains:
* 1.5 mini bread slices ham/gouda/chutney sandwiches cut into 1"x1" squares
* handful of spinach
* Red pepper sticks
* Half a Tomato (in a silicone cupcake case)
* Slices of Cucumber and harissa houmous (in a silicone cupcake case)
* A heart shaped piece of Mexicana cheese.

Oh.my.goodness. I'm so in love with the idea of making bento lunches that I spent most of last night not only googling bento blogs, but also scoping out bento suppliers. I want to have cute lunch everyday (and even more so I want to have something that has a smiley happy face drawn on!).

Anyway, moving onto my food diary for today...

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Berry Mix of Blueberries, Raspberries & Strawberries.

Mid Morning: Banana

Lunch: The Bento style lunch box detailed above!

Mid Afternoon: Homemade Chocolate Banana Oat Muffin

Dinner: We are going out to Dim t for dinner tonight. We're not having starters or desserts as a cost saving measure, so I'm just going to have a diet coke and the duck chow mein. Afterwards we're going to the local cinema to see Inception and I'll have another diet coke and either a slice of cake or some locally produced chocolate buttons or icecream. I ♥ independent cinemas.

Because we're off out tonight, I'm not sure if I'll get in a run this evening. But I'll be at the gym this lunchtime definately which is better than not doing anything!

Looking at my daily goals:
* Vitamins everyday - check!
* Food Diary everyday - check!
* Run 3 miles everyday - nope! after getting home from work, I just didn't have time to do anything else before we went out for dinner.
* Drink 2 litres of water a day - check!
* Do my physio workout everyday - check!

Tomorrow I'm off to Sunny Kent to meet up with the lovely Cazza to have a photoshoot! I can't wait to meet her and I'm very lucky to have an opportunity to have my pics taken by such a talented photographer. It's so exciting!

On Sunday we are supposed to be going to Chessington World of Adventures with my brother and his wife, but the weather is looking rather wet. It's the second time this year we've attempted a theme park, we must be doomed! Fingers crossed the weather will pick up.

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD - I love your lunch box!! :D Have a great time with Caz tomorrow. And i'm really sorry I didn't wrap up your parcel properly. I feel a bit embarassed. :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries lovely! I'd imagine the nakd bar will drop out of some Royal Mail machinery at some point and might kick start a new love for someone else of them. I really enjoyed reading the mag last night. I've folded lots of corners down for when I make next weeks shopping list of ingredients! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. arghh I'm so jealous of your photo meet tomorrow!! have fun! tonight sounds great dinner then inception! perfecto!

    AND holigamoli i love the bento boxes, never heard of them before - *rushes off to invetigate more*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.aibento.net/2009/02/15/an-online-bento-evolution/

    This is what I aspire too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lunch is so cute! Your fly in the eye incident sounds pretty hellish, I hate flies when I'm running the ammount of times I've felt like being sick cause one of the little buggers has flown right down the back of my throat, horrible!

    ReplyDelete