Monday 16 August 2010

I think I found Summer again...

The sun is shining, the skies are blue and people are out cutting their lawns and my dogs are going mental, I think that means that Summer has returned....well at least for now.

As per my weekly goals, below is my food diary for today...

Breakfast: 40g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 2 tsp Sweetener, 1 tsp Coconut, 1 tsp Flax, 150ml Skimmed Milk.

Mid Morning: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake

Lunch: Mushroom, Ham & Spinach Omelette finished in the grill with Gouda cheese.

Dinner: Homemade Chilli Lamb Meatballs with Ratatouille

Post Run: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake

Looking at my daily goals:
* Vitamins everyday - check!
* Food Diary everyday - check!
* Run 3 miles everyday - check! Time - 30:19 (had to stop twice for cars and also tried to move a tree that had fallen into the road to the edge, we are local heroes :P ), Calories Burnt - 391, Max HR - 184, Avg HR- 168
* Drink 2 litres of water a day - check!
* Do my physio workout everyday - check!
* Limit chocolate to two Frango chocolates each day - FAIL. I ate 11 chocolates and the last 3 went in the bin. If anyone ever gives me a box of chocolates again, I'm totally giving them back.

Thinking about my weakness when it comes to large available quantities of things, I think I'll make up a batch of banana/chocolate/oat muffins to keep in the freezer, that way I can have my sweet fix if I need it, but know that it's only made out of good stuff rather than crap!

Just one more thing to write about today, Mr H took down his birthday cards this morning and the one I gave him he wanted framed. So today I went to work and cut out some backing paper (which I changed to black in the end so the text was easier to read) and put it in a frame for when he comes home.


You can't quite read the text in the photo, but it reads:

"Can we, shall we? One day, very soon, Let us go away together just you and me, call in sick and go to the sea and hold hands all day. Eat our sandwiches on the train, get drunk on fresh air and come home tired and never tell anyone.... ever."

Just need to find it a home on one of our walls now.

2 comments:

  1. Arrr thats a lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find another UK blog! I've nominated you for an award on mine.

    ReplyDelete