Friday 13 August 2010

Missing: 1 pair of Shoes

Oh blogland, today I am in mourning....

Housekeeping blitzed our hotel room last week and moved my shoes and as a result I forgot them. Literally half way home I realised my error and text two of my friends to ask them to bring them home. I've been going between them all week, J said V had them, V said J had them, J now says H has them, H says J has them. Where the f*** are my shoes?

The photo above was from a happy time, we'd spent the day at Ascot together and my shoes were taking a well deserved break from walking around and were enjoying a spot of Pimms whilst listening to the band.

Who knows where they might be now? In a bag, in the dark, not knowing when they will be reunited their faithful owner. I will find you shoes, fear not, I will not rest until you are back on my feet.

In other news, last nights dinner was awesome! I made turkey fajitas with Sweet Potato crisps and served with a handful of spinach. I was super pleased with the fajita sauce. I'd usually use an Old El Paso spice mix, but I didn't have any in. I cooked up an onion, 1 sliced red pepper and 4 turkey steaks seasoned with Paprika and Cayenne, then to make it sticky I added a splash of pineapple juice, a spoonful of mango chutney and for a suprise a beef oxo cube. What it created was perfect, just BBQ enough to work, sticky enough so the flavour stuck and spicy enough to keep me happy. Inside the wrap aside from the turkey/red pepper mix, I put a layer of Philly Light, a dollop of salsa and a sprinkling of leftover parmesan. Delish! For pudding I had a few sneaking leftover Christmas Chocolates (who would have ever thought that me, the ultimate sweet toothed girl could have ever resisted a box of chocolates that we've had since December). They were super yummy, got them in Marshall Fields (aka Macy's) in Chicago last Christmas. They have these little balls of candy cane mixed into the chocolate, super tasty morsels and were just perfect for what I fancied.

My weekly goals have pretty much gone to pot now, but the good news is that I feel better, so I guess they may have something to do with that. Will still try and be as good as possible, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. So what my exercise/diet could have been better, the rain has prevented runs and also trips over to the gym, I'm just looking outside now and it could be the middle of the night, the rain is so loud I can hear it over the air conditioning!! And well, I've been suffering with TOTM, so frankly the chocolate has prevented me from whinging and moaning to my lovely hubby.

I do have some things to look forward to this weekend though!

1) Cinema or Video night tonight
2) Lie in Saturday Morning
3) Shopping with my hubby Saturday afternoon
4) Day trip to Brighton with Mr H and 2 friends on Sunday....

I can't wait!! Hope everyone reading has a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. awww your poor shoobies! i hope they come home soon! i'd be devestated! hope you have fun in brighton, your fajitas look AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete