Wednesday 4 August 2010

Enough food to sink a battle ship

I really need to do a proper post to capture the weekend as it was pretty Rock and Roll, but until I figure out how to get the photos off our new camera, you'll have to wait!

What I will mention though is the amount of crap I consumed at the weekend.

Wispa Duo
M&S Ham and Mustard Sandwich
Half a giant bag of fake Frazzles
Giant bag of Cheesy Puff type crisps
3/4 bag of Cadburys Caramel Nibbles
1 x small tin Macaroni Cheese
1 x Festival Burger
4 x Festival 'not so dinky' donuts with about a bag of sugar on each
1 x Pint of Wine (I'm so classy)
2 x Jager Shots
At least 6 beers (though may have been more)
Service Station Fry up (1 rasher bacon, 2 sausages, 2 hash browns, mushrooms, egg, beans)
BBQ'd homemade Lamb Burger (this probably wasn't so bad as it was homemade, but it was in a white bun)
Beef Burger in White bun
Sausage in White bun
1 Slice of Key Lime Pie
1 Chocolate Cupcake
2 Slices of Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
....And a partridge in a pear tree

What I think is most shocking when looking back at all the awful food I ate, is how empty it made me feel. Even after eating the donuts, filling myself with beer and eating a burger and stacks of crisps I still fancied chips. Luckily for me, I'd got so hungry I was pissed off so when we went to find a chip van and couldn't find one without walking all the way back to the arena I stropped off to bed!

Now you want to know the even crazier thing? Well since my official monthly weigh in, I've been feeling pretty skinny. I don't often feel skinny, but for the last few days I have. So I stepped on the scales this morning. 9 stone on the nose. Now I know that weight does fluctuate day by day, but seriously?! How can I get away with eating ALL THAT FOOD and not gain any weight - in fact actually lose some? Thats just not right. The scary thing is that if I was to run 10k today, I'd tip under 9st.

In order that I don't finish August massively underweight, I'm going to monitor my weight a bit more frequently, probably only with an extra weigh in mid-month, but I don't want to finish August having lost lots of weight.

I have a few more things to mention...

1) Physio is going great! I can now lift my arm above my head - this probably seems quite pathetic, but it's a major step for my subluxed shoulder! Got another appointment with my consultant later this month and I'm hopeful that I'll be making enough progress to not have surgery, squeee!

2) My regular porridge mix of 30g Jumbo Oats, 1 tsp G&B Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp Flax, 2 tsp Sweetener with 150ml Skimmed Milk has been further improved by the addition of 1 tsp Dessicated Coconut. It's seriously yum.

3) After 2 days suffering from the most random knee/hip pain, I'm back on form this morning and looking forward to hitting the gym at lunchtime.

5 comments:

  1. I truly believe my unexplained weight loss last month was down to having a week of pigging out too, I think it must have produced a serious meabolism boost or something. And I'm considering mid-month weigh-in too, as unlike you I probably could lose a little more without needing to worry, but I don't actually WANT to!

    Glad the knee/hip is feeling better, and I looove coconut in my podge too, yummy yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats all I could figure too, weird huh! However, I'm sure a little more weight lost wouldn't be too detrimental as I still have a rather wobbly ass. THat said, I'm not too interested in losing much more weight as where I am is totally maintainable with no effort at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola i was going to comment on you jammy-ness at being able to eat that stuff and still lose weight - i personally think it's cos you work your ass off to have the bod you've got, but to be honest kat shocked me with her comment "I probably could lose a little more without needing to worry, but I don't actually WANT to!" and then you with "I'm not too interested in losing much more weight as where I am is totally maintainable with no effort at all! "

    I can't let those pass without saying how flipping awesome it is to hear you both saying that, that you've both gotten to a point where the obsession with the scales going down isn't running your life anymore. I'm so far away from that point it's crazy, but you ladies are awesome, and i'm so pleased for that you, that you both have such a healthy attitude towards weight now!!

    Caz
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nic, I still have a rather flabby stomach, but frankly, I don't think anything but a tummy tuck would sort that out as a lot of it is stretched skin with a bit of fat clinging on for it's life... No thankyou. I'll just live with it and remember to do ab work when I can be arsed and hope for the best! And asses are meant to wibble a bit, how else are we meant to shake them :P
    Caz, thats a lovely comment, thanks :) You're not far behind us, I swear! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. here here Caz!! awesome achievment for you both! well done!

    ReplyDelete