Monday 16 August 2010

Where did Summer go?

It appears that Summer has well and truely left us. I've thought about putting the heating on several times this week, only to end up putting on a jumper and snuggling up with Mr H instead (which of course is never a bad thing).

Last week didn't go entirely to my plan, I still ate a fair amount of crap but you know what? The line has been drawn and I'm going to step over it. Destructive behaviour is hereby declared closed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday when we got home from work, I actually couldn't even function enough to make dinner, not only was I suffering from all sorts of aches and pains but I'd had a really shit day at work. I'm fast losing the trust I used to have in the business I work for to do the right thing. I'm not entirely sure long term if I'd want to continue working for a business who's prepared to put at risk all the work I do to keep commercial relationships sweet and contracts tight when we appear to be doing anything for cash. It worries me as well that perhaps things aren't looking too hot in financial terms for the business. Anyhoo, we ended up with Pizza, which I did enjoy, the stodge factor on a rainy dull day certainly brightened my outlook. I think when we next go to Tesco I'll have to get some stew based type items as this colder weather has made salads look rather unappealing!

I had a lie in on Saturday morning which I really enjoyed, we got up in time to take Dolly to the vets, and good news is that they think the lump has got smaller. We've got to take her back in 2 months time for another check up just to ensure it's not getting any bigger (which of course if it is a MCT they do keep changing in size, which makes things complicated). When we got home from the vets I went for a run in the rain which I really enjoyed. The best bit was the lap I do, I ran past people waiting for a bus twice! I felt quite smug at this.

In the afternoon Mr H went to get his hair cut. Whilst he was off doing this I was cold and feeling achey, so I had a snooze for an hour. How lush. I afternoon naps. I woke up about 3pm fully charged to keep going with the day. It was still raining, but we had promised the pooches a walk in the forest. We loaded them in the car and went for an hours walk around the woods. After we loaded them back into the car, rain started to crash down. We'd been rather fortunate to avoid such heavy rain, especially as I'd only worn a t-shirt & jeans. I'd have got soaked! When we got home both dogs went straight in to be showered, blow-dried, shedded, nails clipped and treated with flea stuff. As a result we had two extremely smart looking (& sleepy) pugs.

Sunday started relatively early with showers, dog walks and hoovering my car! By 9am we were all set to head off to Brighton. We all piled in the car and I drove us down. We arrived shortly after 11am and literally spent 90% of the day walking around! The weather held for us and I managed to not spend much money at all. I got a white/grey 3/4 length sleeve raglan from Amercian Apparel and that was it! Go me, I did try spending a small fortune in Infinity Foods, but I could tell my companions were far from interested in watching me shop for food. We had lunch at Scoop & Crumb with the best intentions of having ice cream afterwards, but I felt terrible! We decided we'd try and get cake somewhere and when we realised it was 4pm, our cake dreams were dashed and we ended up with doughnuts and crepes on the Pier.

We spent quite a while on the pier, people watching, talking about 'when we grow up', Mr H and Iain also had a go at winning us girls prizes. I was rather proud of Mr H when he won the Dolphin race and got me a prize of an orange dolphin. After that we went on the ghost train, which was awful. The scariest bit was going around in the dark and when you travelled through some material which brushed your face, as soon as the 'scares' lit up, you couldn't help but laugh.

On our way back to the car, there was a man feeding the seagulls chips. It was a perfect opportunity to try out our new camera with some birds in flight shots. I had a great time snapping away. Two of the better shots are below, I picked the first one because I had no idea until I was going back through them that there were two planes also in the shot.

The second one I like because it has a baby seagull in and the old burnt out pier (and totally has the 'Mine' face from Finding Nemo going on).

This week I've got a new set of goals:

* Vitamins everyday - I got out of habit in the time when I ran out, now that I have a 3 month supply (thanks to 3 for 2 in Tesco) I have no excuses.
* Food Diary everyday - everything that goes in my mouth gets blogged.
* Run 3 miles everyday - I've decided that it takes less than 30 minutes a day and I always have a spare 30 minutes right?
* Drink 2 litres of water a day - still need to keep on at this, specially on days when I'm out and about.
* Do my physio workout everyday - or even twice a day if I'm feeling adventurous.
* Limit chocolate to two Frango chocolates each day (apart from Porridge) - I have exactly 14 left in the box, this gives me 2 a day and will mean the box is gone at the end of the week and temptations in the house are back to zero, if I eat more in one day, clearly I have less to eat the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment