Thursday 1 April 2010

3 hours until the Weekend :D

Don't you just love lie ins, half days, new hair cuts and buying products? Oh and also eating lunch at home so you can have whatever you want?

Well thats what my Thursday is all about. I had a busy day yesterday at work, we had major issues with literally thousands of phone calls failing. I kicked ass and it appears to have been sorted, but I left my phone on last night and besides the bed just in case anything else happened - I'm never normally that committed, I'm definately a 5pm phone off kinda girl.

But today I'd booked a half day so I could get my hair cut. I got up at a leisurely 8am, got changed and did a quick exercise session. Burning off 205 calories, with average heart rate at 140 bpm and maximum at 168 bpm.

Then I got dressed, ran the dogs around the block as I was running late and then got my stuff together to head to town for my hair cut. I didn't get to town until 10.10am, my appointment was at 10am so I was running late. One of the reasons for my lateness was not having any change for parking, I'd had to raid our loose change jar frantically searching for big coins (10p's & 20p's), it then took me forever to put said 10p's and 20p's into the machine for a ticket! More running then followed as I ran to the salon.

I don't really recall ever having a 'great day' at the hair salon, but today was really nice. I couldn't get appointments with my regular colourist or stylist, so I had a guy that used to colour my hair and the style director deal with my hair. I had nice chats about tattoos, muscle cramps and strip clubs with my colourist, then the girl who washed my hair didn't brush my hair too violently and the guy that cut my hair just seemed like he really cared that I left with a good cut. He sorted it out a treat, seriously. Even he looked smug when he had finished (though maybe he was trying not to laugh at my weirdly swollen face - I fear its wisdom tooth related). I even spent £17 on some texturising cream and £7 on a hair treatment. You can always tell when I'm in a good mood when I spend money on a whim on products!

After my hair cut, I scooted down to the Body Shop to whinge about them changing the ingredients of my most treasured face wash (tea tree) and how it now leaves me with puffy swollen eye lids, apparently they completed changed the ingredients, the process that makes it and are now using a different type of tea tree oil (from Kenya rather than Australia). Anyhoo, they said if I take it back they'll let me exchange and I've got some samples of their Seaweed equivalent products to try. Hopefully they won't suck! I also got some Shower Gel for Mr H and ended up getting a bit carried away and ended up with 2 for £8, and then a gift set containing another, a body butter, a body scrub and a scrub mitt thing for an extra £5 - Bargain!

Then before I spent too much more money I left town!

I'm now officially back at work albeit at home with Neighbours on in the background and pug dogs sitting at my feet <3

Food for today is looking a little patchy:

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake (after exercise at 9am)

Mid Morning Snack: Banana (after hair dressers at midday)

Lunch: Protein Porridge Pancake (using yesterdays left at home breakfast + 1 egg white) with a spoonful of G&B Organic Hazelnut Spread

Dinner: Mixed Pepper and Chorizo Soup with a small wholemeal bread roll

No comments:

Post a Comment