Friday 16 July 2010

Another working week done and dusted

....well just about! I'll try my best to ignore the 8 hours that I have left *sigh*

Just a quick report on yesterday, it went ok. Lunch wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. The Lamb Koftas were like chewing bricks (one was so solid I nearly pinged it across the pub when I tried to cut into it), and the cookies and ice cream was clearly a case for Trading Standards as it was just a single cookie split in two. I was most disappointed with my pud. I had Cookies and Ice Cream at a pub in April and it was superb, oven warm cookies, a ball of ice cream and a shot of buttermilk for dipping. Yesterday's was literally cookie out of a packet & vanilla ice cream in a sundae glass. Rubbish!

We didn't make it out for our run last night. We got home and took the dogs to the park for a walk and it was getting darker and darker until eventually the sky opened and we got soaked. We ran all the way home with the pooches and decided that running in rain that heavy was just pointless. We'd need goggles to be able to see in front of us!

Today looks set to be a good day. I've had strawberries on toast for breakfast, I have a piri piri Turkey salad for lunch, a Cashew Cookie Nakd bar to try and I've got a gym session planned at lunchtime. This evening I'm hoping to get some house work done before sitting down for a film night with Mr H and the pugs.

Oh and I've just bought a t-shirt after a friend sending me a text alerting me to it last night. How funny is that? I didn't have a clue what size to order, but I've gone for a small (its a cropped t shirt). It's also pale pink which I don't think is a great colour on me, but I figure with a cardi it will be fine and hopefully look more off-white than pink. It arrives Monday so I'm quite excited! Talking of shirts, I'm waiting for a mahoooosive order from the States at the moment. I ordered a stack of t-shirts for Mr H for his birthday and a few spares for when I feel like spoiling him and I got an extra one for me too. I'll share that when it arrives :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the shirt!! Wish they did funky husky ones... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute shirt!! i cant wait to finish work tonyt!! yay for friday night film nights! we're so rock and roll! heh heh! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Gone are the days when I could actually consider going out after work on a Friday, these days I'm just too tired after a week of work! xx

    ReplyDelete