Thursday 15 July 2010

Hooray for Daddy

Yesterday I went and picked up 'The Silver Bullet' (my car) from my Dad following an MOT and subsequent fixes. Whilst we were waiting for the rain to subside my Dad said how 'slender' I was looking. I tell you, knowing that I've put a small amount of weight on and lost a fair amount of muscle definition in the last month this put a massive smile on my face! Yay for Dads and their seldom yet well timed compliments!

I've also now got a shorter term goal to work towards my way of getting back into shape - 30th July. Mr H's band were confirmed for a music festival and I want to be looking super hot. I have far too many ex's that will be there, so I want to make sure I look fabulous. That gives me a measly 16 days (including today). I would imagine that my AF related bloat will be gone by the end of this week, so that should see me return to my regular weight. It's just the exercise to trim me up that I want to work on. I'll have a months worth under my belt by then, so hopefully I'll have reduced the inches :)

Last night we ended up having homemade burgers and ratatouille for dinner. I also had some sneaking Gherkins with my burgers. I ♥ gherkins.

Food for today is somewhat ok,

Breakfast: 200ml Skimmed Milk Protein Shake, Raspberries & Grapes

Mid Morning:Cocoa Orange Nakd bar

Lunch: Eating out here, if we're going for two courses, I'll pick from the Prix Fixe Menu and have the Lamb Koftas, Tomato, Cucumber, Onion Salad, Tzatziki with Chilli Jam and Frites followed by Cookies and Ice Cream.

Dinner: Piri Piri Turkey Steak & Jalepeno Pizza Wrap with Spinach, Rocket & Watercress

Hoping that the weather will hold so that Mr H and I will be able to get out on our 10k route tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Which festival is that? You already look hot, so I really wouldn't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonisphere. Whilst I remember they are doing some dates in October a bit further north in the country, not sure if they are local enough for you and your Mr H to come along though. The first show is Sunday 3rd October in Wolverhampton, then Nottingham, Manchester, day off, Glasgow, Sheffield, then back down south.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just this minute done some digging and twigged it was going to be Sonisphere and then came back here to see if you'd replied! Very cool! Have just mentioned the October tour to his highness and he seems very keen, so may well be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you are keen, let me know and I'll make sure your on the guestlist. Given that I've got a stack of holiday to use up, I might be joining them on the road for the week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keen? He spent most of yesterday asking me if I'd spoken to you yet... I think he may be a 'little' keen! It's also the night before we go away to Edinburgh for our 1st anniversary, so may find ourselves a b&b and make a night of it and just get the train up from there instead of from here, if you're along for the ride too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: My approval word the other day was panties. No kidding. You have a filthy minded blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, thats an amazing approval word. I've often thought about adding them at the bottom of my posts for the comedy value, some of them are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete