Wednesday 28 July 2010

Watermelon Wednesday



I can't seem to get this pic up the right way, but who cares!

I bought a yellow watermelon t'other day at the supermarket and this is it. It's really yummy, perhaps a little sweeter than a regular watermelon and a rounder flavour (no pun intended). It's delish. I hope Tesco continue to stock them as I can see me trying to get my mitts on one of these again.

Last night I had attended the focus group at Waitrose. It was quite interesting. They were asking purely about the grocery section (i.e. excluding fresh foods & alcohol). So lots of questions about rice, pasta, different sorts of cuisine (Indian, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, etc). I think because it's quite a small store, they are trying to figure out whether people need 3 different options for each product (own brand, brand, premium brand) or whether 1 or 2 options at the most would suffice. For example, they stock 3 different types of linguini - MADNESS! We talked a bit about packaging of own brand stuff too. Waitrose Essential coconut milk has a picture of a coconut on the front, whereas their higher end own brand is a blue tin with a purple square on - it looks like dog food! I'd pick the lower end own brand just because in a rush I'd instantly know what it was. We were in there for about 1.5 hours and then I was given a crisp £50 (more than I was expecting) and sent on my way.

Today I've been working from home, nothing too groundbreaking on the food front. Porridge for breakfast, omelette for lunch, 1 square dark chocolate, 1 homemade pineapple and coconut (I guess thats a pina colada) lolly, yellow watermelon and dinner will be a pizza wrap with some salad.

I'm going to get out on a run a little later once it cools down, not going to go far, probably just a 3 miler so I can say I did something today. Mr H won't be home until late (last band practice before the festival on Friday), so its not like I'll be doing much else this evening.

Last day at work tomorrow before the weekend begins, hurray! Tomorrow we need to buy our camping stuff and some food to take to the festival with us. I guess I probably need to think about packing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment